Pu-Erh Blue Lemon

Pu-erh Tea
Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

• “OH YEAH, this is what I want a hearty tea to taste like! MMMMM. YUM. The dry scent is lovely, with the fruity sweetness of the lemon and blueberries, but then the pu'erh comes running through like...” Read full tasting note
    memily 700 tasting notes
  • “Another one from *MissB* this is apparently all the joy and fun i get today since once again i am stuck at home with work while my other half gets to go out with friends. I'm so upset i could...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes
  • “I should have rinse this before drinking it - it's very potent, although less earthy than many of the puerhs I've had. Less flavor than I was expecting as well. I'd normally think this was a...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1117 tasting notes

From T2

Pu-erh is highly prized in China as a digestive aid and health ‘tonic’. This blend is a twist on the original with the earthy black tea flavour and aroma contrasted with bright twists of blueberries and lemon.

Brew:
Wash the leaves before brewing – pour hot water over leaves, swirl and tip the water out. For a concentrated brew, use 2 teaspoons per 100mls brewed for 3-5 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius. For a clear and bright coloured brew, use 1 teaspoon per 200mls brewed for 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius. Good for up to 4 infusions.

About T2 View company

OH YEAH, this is what I want a hearty tea to taste like! MMMMM. YUM. The dry scent is lovely, with the fruity sweetness of the lemon and blueberries, but then the pu’erh comes running through like a steamtrain. The wet scent is a bit off-putting, kind of almost like mud. VERY, VERY EARTHY. I was a bit scared off once I’d poured it, but thank gosh I went for it anyway. This is my kind of kick-in-the-guts tea.

Another one from MissB this is apparently all the joy and fun i get today since once again i am stuck at home with work while my other half gets to go out with friends. I’m so upset i could just sit and cry. I spent all of today working so that i could go out this afternoon and tomorrow and now, thanks to work, i’m now here while our friends have picked up my other half and left. Even if i get away from this testing with technology, it’ll take me 90 mins just to join them so there’s hardly a point at this rate.

This tea is quite nice, though i’m not sure where the blueberry taste it. There’s a lovely lemon taste here, but if i hadn’t read memily’s review i wouldn’t have even known there was supposed to be blueberry here. This is just coming across as a REALLY earthy puerh with lemon flavouring in the background. I really wish the lemon were stronger here, and i can see this being really offputting for anyone who doesn’t like puerh. Thanksfully, though i enjoy puerh and i’m still enjoying this cup, though i wish it was more lemoney…and uh i guess blueberry too since i can’t taste any of that lol

MissB

You got more out of it than I did! :)

Nicole

Aw. That’s awful about work. I hope it gets better.

Bear With Me

Ditch work and teleport over here for cuddles, silly movies, and tea. If I had company I might even find motivation to make cookies or something.

MissB – hope you’re feeling better :(

So not even worth the overtime guys…. this is the suck.

Sami Kelsh

Aww man. So sorry about work being a butt. kicks work

Marzipan

Sil what do you do?

marzipan… “whatever they make me” :) lol uh easiest way to describe it is that i’m part of the group that looks after our business banking platform @ a bank.

I should have rinse this before drinking it – it’s very potent, although less earthy than many of the puerhs I’ve had. Less flavor than I was expecting as well. I’d normally think this was a straight puerh than a flavored one. Also, it brewed up a purplish black.

The steeping instructions here and on the website are very different than on the packaging; I’ll have to review that first next time and use those instructions instead. Leaving the rating off for now.

Flavors: Earth