Pu-Erh Blue Lemon

Pu-erh Tea
Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

From T2

Pu-erh is highly prized in China as a digestive aid and health ‘tonic’. This blend is a twist on the original with the earthy black tea flavour and aroma contrasted with bright twists of blueberries and lemon.

Brew:
Wash the leaves before brewing – pour hot water over leaves, swirl and tip the water out. For a concentrated brew, use 2 teaspoons per 100mls brewed for 3-5 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius. For a clear and bright coloured brew, use 1 teaspoon per 200mls brewed for 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius. Good for up to 4 infusions.

About T2 View company

OH YEAH, this is what I want a hearty tea to taste like! MMMMM. YUM. The dry scent is lovely, with the fruity sweetness of the lemon and blueberries, but then the pu’erh comes running through like a steamtrain. The wet scent is a bit off-putting, kind of almost like mud. VERY, VERY EARTHY. I was a bit scared off once I’d poured it, but thank gosh I went for it anyway. This is my kind of kick-in-the-guts tea.

If there’s one really, really important thing to remember about this tea that cannot be over-emphasised, it’s this:

PLEASE RINSE THIS TEA. THEY’RE NOT KIDDING.

Pre-rinse, it’s just really hardcore and not very pleasant, but post-rinse? Yum. Initial bright lemony goodness sparkles, with undercurrents of blueberry moving into that wonderful farm-fresh deep pu erh flavour. Yes, GOOD.

Also, at long last and after struggling for gazillions of years, I think I got a job! I mean, they offered and I said yes and it starts in September. And it sounds right up my alley too. Plus, I won a giveaway from Bluebird yesterday (gorgeous free tea coming my way? Yippee!) and my holiday starts at about 4 tomorrow afternoon for a week in north Wales with the in-laws! AND I’ve got some sweet illustration commissions to get done today. I think this might be enough to make up for the fact that I’m on a 5:2 fast day and I’m not wholly convinced that this diet is doing anything because I CANNOT LOSE ANY WEIGHT BECAUSE I BARELY ATE ANY FOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE AND STILL GAINED LIKE 2 STONE. :(

But this is a good tea.

wooohooo!!!!

Christina

Congrats on the job offer!

I’v never had T2 before this tea because of their prices… but, thanks to MissB I have a few to try. Unfortunately, this does not say anything good about T2. Not going to explain a disappointment since that is what this was.

Another one from MissB this is apparently all the joy and fun i get today since once again i am stuck at home with work while my other half gets to go out with friends. I’m so upset i could just sit and cry. I spent all of today working so that i could go out this afternoon and tomorrow and now, thanks to work, i’m now here while our friends have picked up my other half and left. Even if i get away from this testing with technology, it’ll take me 90 mins just to join them so there’s hardly a point at this rate.

This tea is quite nice, though i’m not sure where the blueberry taste it. There’s a lovely lemon taste here, but if i hadn’t read memily’s review i wouldn’t have even known there was supposed to be blueberry here. This is just coming across as a REALLY earthy puerh with lemon flavouring in the background. I really wish the lemon were stronger here, and i can see this being really offputting for anyone who doesn’t like puerh. Thanksfully, though i enjoy puerh and i’m still enjoying this cup, though i wish it was more lemoney…and uh i guess blueberry too since i can’t taste any of that lol

MissB

You got more out of it than I did! :)

Nicole

Aw. That’s awful about work. I hope it gets better.

Bear With Me

Ditch work and teleport over here for cuddles, silly movies, and tea. If I had company I might even find motivation to make cookies or something.

MissB – hope you’re feeling better :(

So not even worth the overtime guys…. this is the suck.

Sami Kelsh

Aww man. So sorry about work being a butt. kicks work

Marzipan

Sil what do you do?

marzipan… “whatever they make me” :) lol uh easiest way to describe it is that i’m part of the group that looks after our business banking platform @ a bank.

Trying to decide what teas to sell, and what teas to hold onto for dear life ;) so I tried this one again.

Nope, nope, nope. Should’ve rinsed again, it’s super earthy, and I just didn’t get anything blueberry or lemon out of it. I really, really wanted to.

Perhaps if I had more patience with it? I didn’t last night though, I just wanted a comforting cup. This wasn’t it.

Flavors: Earth