Gone Surfing

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “Oy vey. I don't often let myself run out of this one, but I've got a few other bedtime herbals in my cupboard at the moment so I'm not letting myself restock until I've cleared through a few of...” Read full tasting note
    memily 756 tasting notes
  • “A sample from *Memily*, and my final cup of the evening last night. I'm usually not a fan of floral teas, but this one actually works for me pretty well. I gave 1 tsp of leaf 4 minutes in boiling...” Read full tasting note
    Scheherazade 1042 tasting notes

From T2

A herbal, botanical burst of relaxation. Whether you are near the beach or in a city apartment, brew up this beauty to help take you away from it all. Great to calm you down or to get you going, just tell your friends you’ve “gone surfing.”

About T2 View company

Oy vey. I don’t often let myself run out of this one, but I’ve got a few other bedtime herbals in my cupboard at the moment so I’m not letting myself restock until I’ve cleared through a few of those. You don’t really need more than one of those at a time, let’s be reasonable.

But being entirely unreasonable, I love this tea. It’s the best bedtime herbal I’ve ever had, and I love keeping it around even for days where I just need to take a few deep breaths. I think that’s how T2 want to market it as well, not so much as a bedtime one but just a relaxing one. Whatever. It’s the best bedtime herbal I’ve ever had. I’ve said it before (literally a few lines ago) and I’ll say it again.

SEE YOU AGAIN SOON, DARLING!

A sample from Memily, and my final cup of the evening last night. I’m usually not a fan of floral teas, but this one actually works for me pretty well. I gave 1 tsp of leaf 4 minutes in boiling water, and the scent when I returned to the kitchen was just beautiful. Sweet, honeyed chamomile, and floral lavender and rose. Like a cottage garden on a summer evening!

To taste, the main flavour is chamomile. It’s as honeyed to taste as it smells, almost thick tasting, sweet, and a little hay-like. The lavender and rose work perfectly in combination, without being too heavily floral or tasting like perfume. They just add an edge to the flavour that prevents the chamomile being overwhelming. I can taste a hint of apple, too. A sort of fresh, sharp undertone. I wasn’t expecting to like this one as much as I did, but it’s actually a very calming, relaxing pre-bedtime blend. I slept so well last night — almost unbelievably well – and I think this tea may have helped in part. A delicious sleepytime herbal, and another T2 I’ll be loathe to part with. Thanks again to Memily for sharing this with me!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
Memily

I KNOW RIGHT? Hahaha. I love this one so much, it’s a constant-stock for me (which is why I can’t believe I’m letting myself run out of it for a while).