Creme Brulee

Caramel, Nutty, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Honey, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea Stephens

• “As my first posting on Steepster, I want to start with my favorite tea which I was introduced to by my daughter, Devvyleys (on Steepster), when I visited her in Sydney, Aus. Being a new tea...” Read full tasting note
    Devvy Eileen 3 tasting notes
  • “Unfortunately, my crush on this tea has ended, it really has not stood up to the test of time. I find that it is far too easy to over brew it leaving to a very bitter tea with a sickly sweet aroma...” Read full tasting note
    Winter 37 tasting notes
  • “I do really like this tea, but worked out after a few migraines that my problem was with the hazelnuts in this blend. Hazelnuts aren't listed as a flavour on the description for this tea, but is...” Read full tasting note
    devvyleys 63 tasting notes
  • “really nice with a tiny dash of milk. if you like your black tea, and feel like a sweet aftertaste - T2's Creme Brulee is for you!” Read full tasting note
    banarnacle 4 tasting notes

From T2

A silky, decadent sweet treat. Velvety vanilla plays with caramelised hazelnuts in a gorgeously golden brew. An intense aroma enhances a refined and delicate infusion. Creamy and dreamy, this buttery caramel delight sings the song of after-dinner contentment.

Brew:
1 teaspoon per 200mls, brew 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

Serve: With or without milk, a little drizzle of honey is heaven.

Flavour: Caramel, Sweet, Vanilla

Strength: Medium

About T2 View company

As my first posting on Steepster, I want to start with my favorite tea which I was introduced to by my daughter, Devvyleys (on Steepster), when I visited her in Sydney, Aus. Being a new tea enthusiast, my tea notes won’t be so much from the descriminating palate point, but more to the pleasure each tea gives me as I try them.
The taste of caramel is what of course brings such pleasure from Creme Brulee. It is a black tea and very smooth if steep time is kept to about 3 min for a first steep.
Being a southern girl and having been brought up on iced sweet tea, I find that with hot teas I still prefer to have them sweetened some, and I use Stevia in place of sugar.
While this is for me a great relaxing tea to enjoy while reading, it would likely make a wonderful dessert tea and I imagine it would be especially good with almond cookies (biscuits to Aussies) or banana bread.

Unfortunately, my crush on this tea has ended, it really has not stood up to the test of time. I find that it is far too easy to over brew it leaving to a very bitter tea with a sickly sweet aroma that doesn’t translate into the tea.

When made right it is still a deliciously sweet tea that really is quite divine but given that a couple of seconds make the difference between delightful and having to be thrown out I feel like it’s not worth the bother anymore.

That being said the addition of milk does seem to negate the over-bewing and create a nice milky desert tea. Given that I’m not a fan of milk in tea though it doesn’t really help me much.

I do really like this tea, but worked out after a few migraines that my problem was with the hazelnuts in this blend. Hazelnuts aren’t listed as a flavour on the description for this tea, but is mentioned when you look at the ingredients. So if you are sensitive to them, then just be aware. I’ve switched to Terrific Toffee also from T2, and it is a fantastic replacement!

really nice with a tiny dash of milk. if you like your black tea, and feel like a sweet aftertaste – T2’s Creme Brulee is for you!

Favourite flavoured black tea by far, more like a dessert, caramel and vanilla distinctive but not over powering

Maybe it’s because I can’t smell but I didn’t taste anything different from in this tea, especially not anything resembling creme brulee. I ended up adding frothed milk and sugar which it took very well to, but it’s not a very special dessert tea. I also found it had a strange aftertaste I had to wash out.

Drinkable, but disappointing. I’ll brew it again longer and shorter (apparently its optimal steep window is narrow), along with some plain black tea to compare it to, and write another note. Thankfully I just got a free sample packet, which the lady was very happy to provide!

This has to be my all time favourite tea, it completes my morning t finish my pot in the morning I have been known to bung it in the fridge for the afternoon.
It always cheers me up, a large mug of creme brulee, a good book and my nutbag cat are the best thing for a rainy afternoon like today. GAH, is summer a foreign concept, New Zealand?

smells a bit funky, like all caramel tea does, but is delicious with some honey and milk.

I love this tea! Although, anything from T2 is incredibly overpriced!
It’s simple and delicious and provides that caffeine boost to start the day!

Flavors: Caramel, Nutty

I discovered this tea last year on the final day of my trip to Brisbane, Australia and immediately developed a crush. Creme Brûlées are my all time favourite dessert; so if not the name, the mouth watering scent certainly did the trick and I purchased with gusto.
The leaves have a beautiful rich darkness about them, complimented with the small pieces of hazelnut which create the loveliest contrast- leaving me absolutely ecstatic to try this as soon as I got it home.
Unfortunately the first cup I made was a disaster (too much milk, didn’t steep for long enough, etc) and I was left utterly disappointed and disheartened. Especially since I was somewhat of a novice at the time. For many months it made its way to the back of my cupboard untouched, until I had a clean out. By then I had been gifted a beautiful tea pot which never seemed to fail, so I went ahead and tried Creme Brulee again, making sure to follow the instructions precisely this time. This definitely solved the problem and I was in love all over again!
This tea is the embodiment of a perfect winter/autumn night, yet I find myself still enjoying it into the summer months. A perfect balance of sweet with a hint of nuttiness and when brewed correctly really does taste like the dessert itself. Again, this tea suggests honey as the sweetener, but I substitute for half a tsp of sugar since I’m not a honey fan. I’ve tried without either and while perfectly drinkable, a touch of added sweetness really brings all those wonderful flavours forward.
Moral of the story: Always give your teas a second chance to dazzle you!

Flavors: Caramel, Hazelnut