Creme Brulee

Caramel, Hazelnut, Nutty, Vanilla, Honey, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea Stephens

From T2

A silky, decadent sweet treat. Velvety vanilla plays with caramelised hazelnuts in a gorgeously golden brew. An intense aroma enhances a refined and delicate infusion. Creamy and dreamy, this buttery caramel delight sings the song of after-dinner contentment.

1 teaspoon per 200mls, brew 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

Serve: With or without milk, a little drizzle of honey is heaven.

Flavour: Caramel, Sweet, Vanilla

Strength: Medium

About T2 View company

As my first posting on Steepster, I want to start with my favorite tea which I was introduced to by my daughter, Devvyleys (on Steepster), when I visited her in Sydney, Aus. Being a new tea enthusiast, my tea notes won’t be so much from the descriminating palate point, but more to the pleasure each tea gives me as I try them.
The taste of caramel is what of course brings such pleasure from Creme Brulee. It is a black tea and very smooth if steep time is kept to about 3 min for a first steep.
Being a southern girl and having been brought up on iced sweet tea, I find that with hot teas I still prefer to have them sweetened some, and I use Stevia in place of sugar.
While this is for me a great relaxing tea to enjoy while reading, it would likely make a wonderful dessert tea and I imagine it would be especially good with almond cookies (biscuits to Aussies) or banana bread.

Unfortunately, my crush on this tea has ended, it really has not stood up to the test of time. I find that it is far too easy to over brew it leaving to a very bitter tea with a sickly sweet aroma that doesn’t translate into the tea.

When made right it is still a deliciously sweet tea that really is quite divine but given that a couple of seconds make the difference between delightful and having to be thrown out I feel like it’s not worth the bother anymore.

That being said the addition of milk does seem to negate the over-bewing and create a nice milky desert tea. Given that I’m not a fan of milk in tea though it doesn’t really help me much.

I do really like this tea, but worked out after a few migraines that my problem was with the hazelnuts in this blend. Hazelnuts aren’t listed as a flavour on the description for this tea, but is mentioned when you look at the ingredients. So if you are sensitive to them, then just be aware. I’ve switched to Terrific Toffee also from T2, and it is a fantastic replacement!

Favourite flavoured black tea by far, more like a dessert, caramel and vanilla distinctive but not over powering

Maybe it’s because I can’t smell but I didn’t taste anything different from in this tea, especially not anything resembling creme brulee. I ended up adding frothed milk and sugar which it took very well to, but it’s not a very special dessert tea. I also found it had a strange aftertaste I had to wash out.

Drinkable, but disappointing. I’ll brew it again longer and shorter (apparently its optimal steep window is narrow), along with some plain black tea to compare it to, and write another note. Thankfully I just got a free sample packet, which the lady was very happy to provide!

This has to be my all time favourite tea, it completes my morning

smells a bit funky, like all caramel tea does, but is delicious with some honey and milk.

A sample from Miss B! Continuing the sweet theme this morning, I decided Creme Brulee was the only way to go after Terrific Toffee. What else could compete? I used 1 tsp of leaf for my cup, and gave it 3.5 minutes in boiling water. I added a splash of milk, mostly for fairness of comparison. It’s not so dark that I couldn’t drink it without.

To taste, this one is (if that’s possible) even sweeter than Terrific Toffee. It has strong vanilla custard vibes, with just a hint of caramel, and a rounded nuttiness that helps to bring the whole thing together. It is rather like a creme brulee in terms of taste, but it’s walking a fine line for me in terms of sweetness and sickly sweetness. It’s a truly excellent dessert tea, though, and a must-try for anyone with a sweet tooth. So many flavoured teas promise things they don’t deliver, but this one is a rare exception. Delicious, sweet, creamy creme brulee in a cup!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

2023 tasting notes

Another tea to try from MissB. Thank you!

This one isn’t bad, but I don’t think it’s as good as it probably once was. I’m enjoying it with milk, but even with a short 2 minute steep, it’s pretty astringent and a little bitter.

The caramel-vanilla flavours are excellent, and it smells really nice. But I don’t think this is a favourite.

This is one of my favourite T2 flavoured black teas. It can be drunk either on its own, with milk and sweetener (I use honey!) or as a mixing tea. I especially like to mix this one with T2’s Terrific Toffee or Toasty Nougat. It has caramel, nutty flavours with hints of black bitterness behind. This is a great ‘dessert’ tea. If you’re going to add milk I would suggest a soy or nut milk as it best compliments the flavours.

Flavors: Caramel, Hazelnut, Nutty, Vanilla