Creme Brulee

Caramel, Hazelnut, Nutty, Vanilla, Honey, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea Stephens

From T2

A silky, decadent sweet treat. Velvety vanilla plays with caramelised hazelnuts in a gorgeously golden brew. An intense aroma enhances a refined and delicate infusion. Creamy and dreamy, this buttery caramel delight sings the song of after-dinner contentment.

Brew:
1 teaspoon per 200mls, brew 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

Serve: With or without milk, a little drizzle of honey is heaven.

Flavour: Caramel, Sweet, Vanilla

Strength: Medium

About T2 View company

As my first posting on Steepster, I want to start with my favorite tea which I was introduced to by my daughter, Devvyleys (on Steepster), when I visited her in Sydney, Aus. Being a new tea enthusiast, my tea notes won’t be so much from the descriminating palate point, but more to the pleasure each tea gives me as I try them.
The taste of caramel is what of course brings such pleasure from Creme Brulee. It is a black tea and very smooth if steep time is kept to about 3 min for a first steep.
Being a southern girl and having been brought up on iced sweet tea, I find that with hot teas I still prefer to have them sweetened some, and I use Stevia in place of sugar.
While this is for me a great relaxing tea to enjoy while reading, it would likely make a wonderful dessert tea and I imagine it would be especially good with almond cookies (biscuits to Aussies) or banana bread.

Unfortunately, my crush on this tea has ended, it really has not stood up to the test of time. I find that it is far too easy to over brew it leaving to a very bitter tea with a sickly sweet aroma that doesn’t translate into the tea.

When made right it is still a deliciously sweet tea that really is quite divine but given that a couple of seconds make the difference between delightful and having to be thrown out I feel like it’s not worth the bother anymore.

That being said the addition of milk does seem to negate the over-bewing and create a nice milky desert tea. Given that I’m not a fan of milk in tea though it doesn’t really help me much.

I do really like this tea, but worked out after a few migraines that my problem was with the hazelnuts in this blend. Hazelnuts aren’t listed as a flavour on the description for this tea, but is mentioned when you look at the ingredients. So if you are sensitive to them, then just be aware. I’ve switched to Terrific Toffee also from T2, and it is a fantastic replacement!

Favourite flavoured black tea by far, more like a dessert, caramel and vanilla distinctive but not over powering

Maybe it’s because I can’t smell but I didn’t taste anything different from in this tea, especially not anything resembling creme brulee. I ended up adding frothed milk and sugar which it took very well to, but it’s not a very special dessert tea. I also found it had a strange aftertaste I had to wash out.

Drinkable, but disappointing. I’ll brew it again longer and shorter (apparently its optimal steep window is narrow), along with some plain black tea to compare it to, and write another note. Thankfully I just got a free sample packet, which the lady was very happy to provide!

This has to be my all time favourite tea, it completes my morning

smells a bit funky, like all caramel tea does, but is delicious with some honey and milk.

This is one of my favourite T2 flavoured black teas. It can be drunk either on its own, with milk and sweetener (I use honey!) or as a mixing tea. I especially like to mix this one with T2’s Terrific Toffee or Toasty Nougat. It has caramel, nutty flavours with hints of black bitterness behind. This is a great ‘dessert’ tea. If you’re going to add milk I would suggest a soy or nut milk as it best compliments the flavours.

Flavors: Caramel, Hazelnut, Nutty, Vanilla

First tried this at the T2 store, which they provided as a sample. It was so beautiful that my boyfriend and I purchased it immediately!
As soon as we took it home and made it, however, it tasted extremely flat. We used the T2 Jug and steeped it for 3:45 (package recommends 2-4 minutes), but there was very little flavour when I sampled it. I steeped it for an extra minute, and it made the tea taste extremely flat – not even bitter, just flat. The smell of the tea is divine, but we can hardly taste anything!
I know it has the potential to be a beautiful tea, so I’ll follow the website recommendations in future: be a little more generous with the teaspoon serving, steep it for exactly 3 minutes and add honey. It sounds like it’s hard to get right, but going to keep trying!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 42 OZ / 1250 ML

I love this tea! Although, anything from T2 is incredibly overpriced!
It’s simple and delicious and provides that caffeine boost to start the day!

Flavors: Caramel, Nutty