Creme Brulee

Caramel, Nutty, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Honey, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Andrea Stephens

• “As my first posting on Steepster, I want to start with my favorite tea which I was introduced to by my daughter, Devvyleys (on Steepster), when I visited her in Sydney, Aus. Being a new tea...” Read full tasting note
    Devvy Eileen 3 tasting notes
  • “Unfortunately, my crush on this tea has ended, it really has not stood up to the test of time. I find that it is far too easy to over brew it leaving to a very bitter tea with a sickly sweet aroma...” Read full tasting note
    Winter 37 tasting notes
  • “I do really like this tea, but worked out after a few migraines that my problem was with the hazelnuts in this blend. Hazelnuts aren't listed as a flavour on the description for this tea, but is...” Read full tasting note
    devvyleys 63 tasting notes
  • “really nice with a tiny dash of milk. if you like your black tea, and feel like a sweet aftertaste - T2's Creme Brulee is for you!” Read full tasting note
    banarnacle 4 tasting notes

From T2

A silky, decadent sweet treat. Velvety vanilla plays with caramelised hazelnuts in a gorgeously golden brew. An intense aroma enhances a refined and delicate infusion. Creamy and dreamy, this buttery caramel delight sings the song of after-dinner contentment.

Brew:
1 teaspoon per 200mls, brew 2-3 minutes in water at 100 degrees Celsius.

Serve: With or without milk, a little drizzle of honey is heaven.

Flavour: Caramel, Sweet, Vanilla

Strength: Medium

About T2 View company

Another from MissB i have to say this was was pretty pleasant. I think i like bayswater’s version just a little more, but not with a huge degree of conviction lol. This has got some great caramel/vanilla notes in it and even as it cooled it maintained that delicious taste. happy to have tried this one! thanks missb!

MissB

Of all the T2 teas, I think this is my favorite.

so far i’d have to agree, though the puerh was nice too… heh

The box recommends honey as a sweetener, but I disagree. Two parts white sugar, 1 part honey (use the amount you’d normally do, just eyeball amounts).

Flavors: Caramel, Hazelnut, Vanilla

I love this tea. It smells so good in every sips I take. The taste of the caramel wasn’t strong but it still tastes good with a scent of vanilla & hazelnut. This would be in my favourite list. Added a little bit of honey, and the it tasted even better.

Flavors: Caramel, Hazelnut, Honey

After trying this a few more times, I’ve decided that this is indeed, a very good tea. Not sure why I wasn’t enamoured by the sample, but since receiving a whole box of this as a gift from T2, I’ve been making it in my T2 flask to take to work a few times a week.
Aroma and mouthfeel are both of the creme brulee variety and this has been an enjoyable experience.

I’ve found that brewing for four minutes at a slightly lower temperature (as opposed to shorter steeping times in boiling) prevents the bitterness that others have mentioned in their notes.

Yummy :)

Celeste Alice

I had very similar thoughts when first sampling this blend. However it’s now one of my all time favourites.

If caramel and hazelnuts were to have a tea baby with vanilla as Auntie, this would be that tea.

Flavors: Caramel, Nuts, Vanilla

gmathis

Excellent description!

lmao

Ysaurella

sounds really great !

Fantastic Tea. I was worried it would be too rich and sweet, but not at all. A great morning or afternoon tea. Not one you could drink all day, but essential for the shelf.

im not a milky tea person, but this tea has swayed me. great morning tea with a tea spoon of honey and some milk

A good occasional tea, if you like sweet teas. It works quite lovely with cream and a teaspoon of sugar in the evening, but isn’t something I could have all the time.
You have to really like sweet tea though, and the steep time is really a hit-or-miss thing.