White White Cocoa

White Tea
Chocolate, Coconut, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by Memily

• “I couldn't hold out any longer and finally busted open this box after sampling White White Cocoa iced on its own. I had only gone into the T2 store for a couple of storage containers but once I'd...” Read full tasting note
    memily 728 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown (122)! Hot in my timolino; I actually am really enjoying this one so thank you *VariaTEA* for sending me a sample of it - it's very sweet and rich. Actually, it's reminding me of DT's...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2068 tasting notes
  • “First thing, for all London-based tea lovers - apparently, T2 opened a shop in Shoreditch a few months ago. Great! So I looked at what Steepsterites had to say and found this lovely tea, and the...” Read full tasting note
    marinatvs 68 tasting notes
  • “Last time I had this, I brewed it hot and had it plain so with the rest of the leaf, I decided to try it a couple of different ways: hot with milk and iced. I find the addition of milk to the hot...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1979 tasting notes

From T2

A trio of white is a winning combination in this euphoric blend of white tea, cocoa pieces and white coconut. Deliciously creamy and serenely sweet, cocoa practically melts in the cup as it brews, collaborating joyfully with coconut in a tropical twist. It’s a match made in heaven.

About T2 View company

I couldn’t hold out any longer and finally busted open this box after sampling White White Cocoa iced on its own. I had only gone into the T2 store for a couple of storage containers but once I’d tried it I couldn’t leave the store without it. It smells DELICIOUS, and I immediately poured myself a mug of it. Yum. I just want to carry the box around with me so I can smell it all the time. Steeped, it’s just as gorgeous, with a lovely white tea base complemented by cocoa and sweet coconut. Yum. Now to try to make some of this last until summer so I can drink it iced too.

2068 tasting notes

Sipdown (122)!

Hot in my timolino; I actually am really enjoying this one so thank you VariaTEA for sending me a sample of it – it’s very sweet and rich. Actually, it’s reminding me of DT’s Cookie Dough blend quite a bit. Strong coconut and chocolate notes; lighter nondescript nutty notes. Not really any distinct caramel notes to it – but maybe they’re hiding by just contributing to the overall sweetness.

But yeah; this is a good dessert white.

VariaTEA

Yay! I thought you’d enjoy it so I am glad you did. This came to me all the way from Australia courtesy of Memily :)

Sami Kelsh

T2 do good work! So glad (though it’s probably dangerous for my pocketbook) to discover the Shoreditch shop do mail-order within the UK ;)

First thing, for all London-based tea lovers – apparently, T2 opened a shop in Shoreditch a few months ago. Great!

So I looked at what Steepsterites had to say and found this lovely tea, and the lovely shop girl brewed some up for me (they actually very happily brew any tea you’d like for you, on the spot! I tried this and Melbourne Breakfast), and it was very tasty so I got some. And now I made it at home and it’s still very very tasty.

It’s an unusual combination. I tend to associate cocoa with black teas, and I haven’t had much luck with green teas with coconut even though I love coconut. But this combination with white tea somehow works wonders. I was a bit sceptical at first because cocoa tea just begs for milk and sugar in my head, but this is beautifully… dessert-y, while also somehow being quite light. If you get the chance to stop by a T2 shop, do have a taste. It’s a keeper.

Oh, and it’s also one of the prettiest teas I’ve seen. The tea itself has all these different shades of white-ish and green and even almost brown. And then the cocoa husks come in with some coconut flakes. I just kept staring at it for about a minute, admiring the sheer prettiness. It looks like fall.

1979 tasting notes

I find the addition of milk to the hot cup highlights the coconut flavour of this tea. So the start of the sip is sweet, creamy coconut goodness. As the sip ends though, the cocoa really comes through to finish things off with a rich chocolatey note. Though if I am being honest, I don’t think this tea really needs the milk as the difference between this and the plain cup is minimal.

Iced, this reminds me of a watered down sweetened hot chocolate. The base also comes through more strongly as well. Unfortunately, I find the flavours are just too subtle for an iced cup. So, at the end of the day, I think I will stick to having this one hot.

Thank you Memily for such a generous sample. I really enjoyed playing around with this tasty tea! 166.

VariaTEA

Yum indeed :)

This is what started my latest tea kick!

I had a friend visiting from London. Half-jokingly, I took her into the tea shop, This was available as a sample (iced). I tasted it. I couldn’t stop thinking about it for the whole weekend, so I went back and bought it.

Flavors: Chocolate, Coconut

I’m sipping on a big mug full of this tea right now as I’m studying.
I love it! It’s brews into a beautiful golden liquor and smells like a liquidated Chocolate Bounty Bar. Coconut and chocolate is such a delicious and classic combo, and I like that it’s combined on top of a white tea base, as white tea itself (although full of nutrients and antioxidants) has the most subtle flavour of most teas – so it really allows the sweet flavours to shine through.
I did find that the actual taste of the tea wasn’t as strong or sweet as the smell – but I suppose if it did, then it wouldn’t really be a natural drink. I find that the sweetness grows the more I sip on it, and it helps if you’re already not much of a sugar-consumer. The more I’ve gotten used to cutting sugar out, the sweeter I’ve found the taste of things. My friend loves junk food, and thought this tasted a bit bland, and added rice malt syrup to it. But I really liked it’s subtlety, and prefer it on it’s own. So I guess it depends what you like! The ingredients in this tea are just coconut pieces (I ate a few pieces straight from the tea, and had to restrain myself from eating all of them), cocoa husks and white tea.
Very simple, smooth and elegant tea. It’s a nice touch to a classic white :)

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Coconut

Oh My Goodness!!!! Coconut and White Chocolate. I initially ummed and Ahhed about the $22 price tag, but when i had a sample instore i purchased it straight away. its my “treat myself” tea its so smooth and delicious. Will be buying more for sure. Again about the price $22 is a lot in comparison to other T2 teas & tea in general, but i will go out shopping and pay $5 for a latte so $1 per pot is reasonable.

Incredibly like hot chocolate, which I found interesting for a tea without milk. The coconut blends perfectly with the cocoa, and the white tea provides the perfect light but sweet backing.