Sun Moon Lake Assam Black Tea, Lot 147

Edit tea info Last updated by Sil

From Taiwan Tea Crafts

Refined by the Taiwan Research and Extension Station, this TRES No. 8 Assamica strand presents itself as a large, wonderfully curled and lustrous full leaf; reminiscent of the best Bao Zhongs or Wuyi style oolongs. A wonderfully fruity aroma emanates from the cup that evokes stewed cherries and apricot jam. In the cup, one experiences a round, fruity sweetness that is quite heady and very refreshing. A warm velvety yet full body satisfies the palate and withstands the test of a dash of milk. This is not a tea that is as thick and bold as an Indian Assam. It has a sophisticated exuberance that makes it exotically satisfying, it is a “must try” tea for all English style tea drinkers… and oolong drinkers alike!

Additional Information
Picking Style – Hand Picked
Varietal(s) Used – Taiwan Assamica, TRES No. 8
Garden Elevation – 800 m

About Taiwan Tea Crafts View company

This is such a delicious tea! From the aroma, that seemed more on the fruity side, I expected a fruitier and tarter assam but this is more like the malty one that I love. I find some chocolate notes, too. It has a very creamy and silky mouthfeel. And now that it cooled down, the aroma actually corresponds with the taste much more…

I am off to make another steep! Thanks, Sil, for including this one. This is my first Taiwan Tea Crafts tea ever :D

YAY! glad you had a positive experience with them. TTC is a really nice company for taiwanese blacks if they’re your thing

They are definitely my thing and for a while now I have had TTC on my list of “companies I need to order from and somehow haven’t yet” :D I am glad I could try something from them through the Traveling Box.

So good! This is SO GOOD. Thank you Sil for introducing me to all the best teas! :D

Is this similar to PTA?

This one is awesome! I was also introduced to it by lovely Sil. I remember it being very similar to PTA but maybe not as fruity.

Tea tiff – these teas are similar in profile to PTA, but different enough that I have various in my cupboard along with PTA….it’ll come down to preference mostly I think. Nice thing is that TTC does 25 g samples with free shipping if you spend at least 25g on just samples

Terri HarpLady

This & 154 & 200- something were my favs from TTC.
Very different from PTA, IMO, these are much fruitier.

I’m drinking it again today, and I second that it seems to be fruiter, although I still really enjoy PTA.

Brewed up the last of this, and the empty bag and dry leaf smell so gorgeous like ripe cherries.

Smooth, rich and fruity compote flavors with a bit of sweetly spiced toast. So delicious!!

(Lot: 267)