Yuchi Hong Yun Black Tea, Lot 138

Edit tea info Last updated by yyz

• “Wow. This is the best peach and grape flavored tea I've ever had. *ETA* Wait. This is an unflavored tea. Holy crap. I seriously can't stand fruit _flavored_ tea, but tea that has fruit flavor...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 357 tasting notes
  • “Another tea I drank yesterday. No real comments to make about it, but I'm realizing that I'm not as much of a fan of Taiwan blacks as I originally thought I was. I do love the Sun Moon Lake Assams,...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2485 tasting notes
  • “sipdown! even if it is a fake sort of sipdown, as i'm sending the other half of the sample terri sent me to FuzzyP :) The worst part of today? this review has been sitting open for hours and i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes

From Taiwan Tea Crafts

Taiwan Tea Crafts is thrilled to have secured an exclusive Lot of Black Tea made from the newly developed TRES No. 21 tea strand called Hong Yun.

In more concrete terms, Hong Yun is the result of a hybridization project that involved crossing the Indigenous Shancha Wild Tea strain with the one responsible for the famous Qimen Black Tea (or Keemun) originating from the Huang Shan mountains of Anhui Province in China. The result is surprisingly balanced and perceivable in the combination of aromas and tastes. First of all, in both cases these are sophisticated teas that are charmingly smooth, refreshing and easy to drink. Hong Yun is obviously in the same vein. The tangy cherry fruitiness of the Qimen blends in beautifully with the honey sweetness and thickness of the Shancha. The result is like a harmonious duet of crystaline voices. Its exotic and alluring, yet recognizable and comforting and so easy to drink. While this tea may not have the body to support milk or accompany your Christmas pudding, it is certainly would be a good choice for accompanying a good read next to a fired-up hearth.

Additional Information
Picking Style? -Hand Picked
Varietal(s) Used? -Hong Yun, TRES No. 21
Garden Elevation? -800 m

About Taiwan Tea Crafts View company

Wow. This is the best peach and grape flavored tea I’ve ever had.

ETA Wait. This is an unflavored tea. Holy crap. I seriously can’t stand fruit flavored tea, but tea that has fruit flavor naturally in the leaf is pretty amazing. And delicious.

hmmm i don’t think this one was up when i placed my order heh

TastyBrew

It’s really good. I can send you a sample next box. It’s super grapy-peachy up front and then as it cools tastes a little more like the yuchi mountain one. And a little more rich and complex. Yeah, I’ll send you some :-)

Another tea I drank yesterday. No real comments to make about it, but I’m realizing that I’m not as much of a fan of Taiwan blacks as I originally thought I was. I do love the Sun Moon Lake Assams, & the other ones aren’t bad, or anything like that, but I’d much rather drink a yunnan or Fujian instead. Just saying…

Now I have to go practice! For tomorrow’s wedding, the recessional is ‘One Love’, by Bob Marley! That will be fun!

JustJames

i love it when people move outside of tradition =0)

Terri HarpLady

Me too! I generally play at least one wedding almost every weekend, sometimes 2 or 3, although I love them all, the big lavish decadent weddings can become a little old. Plus, I feel like when people include music that is meaningful to themselves, its just more heartfelt.

gmathis

Someday, you’ll have to post your “best wedding set ever…” (If you could choose your absolute favorites all for one ceremony, they would be…?)

Terri HarpLady

hmmm….I’ll have to get back to you on that, gigi :)

=0)
have you ever ‘dr. who theme song’ed’ a bride down or up the aisle? >;0D

Terri HarpLady

Funny you should mention that, James! Just a few days ago I had a phone consultation with a bride from Boston, & she asked if I could do game of thrones!theme for the recessional, at the end of the ceremony, followed by i am the doctor. I told her I’d take a look at it this week & get back to her. Nobody has asked me to play the Ian dr who theme, although, being a fan of the dr, I’ve played around with it a bit.

Terri HarpLady

I just read my post, lol, & I’m not sure how Sil’s fiance’s name ended up in there, but I’m sure it, & any other errors, are courtesy of my iPad & auto-correct :D

Translation:
Ian = original

=0))))))))
so much fodder for FB.
can’ wait until Sil claps her eyes on this thread, lol.
oh, the GOT theme will be very majestic. here’s to hoping the bride can walk in heels! on mustn’t stumble with that theme… no no.

Terri HarpLady

I’ve played the GOT theme several times now, including as an entrance for the groomsmen, which was kind of fun!

Terri HarpLady

Oh, & I forgot to mention, they were wearing kilts on THAT wedding!!

very nice…. kilts are good for airflow, if worn correctly =0D

sipdown! even if it is a fake sort of sipdown, as i’m sending the other half of the sample terri sent me to FuzzyP :) The worst part of today? this review has been sitting open for hours and i can’t even focus enough to write it. Long story short this is a really tasty tea, though i think it’s a little too different for me to keep around always. if that makes sense. it’s fruity, but in a specific sort of peach grape way, as tastybrew said, rather than that generic “fruity” taste i get. thanks for sharing terri! this one’s neat!