Baguashan Four Seasons Black Tea, Lot 216

Edit tea info Last updated by Dinosara

• “Another interesting tea from Taiwan tea crafts. This tea still has some of the juiciness as the others I've had today but much less so. Instead there's a more....earthy? Note in here. But yet...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4942 tasting notes
  • “I really like this one. It tastes like a cross between a roasty taiwanese oolong and a taiwanese wild mountain black. It's light and juicy, but with a nice roasty flavor to it. This is definitely...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 361 tasting notes
  • “This is another interesting tea from TTC. It's very smooth, sweet, & again fruity, but not in the same way that the other ones were, & a little tangy. And once again, there is something I taste...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2973 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown, 146. Thanks once again to *Sil* for this sample. ANother Taiwan black tea! The leaf of this one has much fewer whole leaves in it, but the are there if you go digging through. I guess...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1980 tasting notes

From Taiwan Tea Crafts

Here it is! Our very own tea. Made with love by your humble Taiwanese tea provider. This is what our passion for tea and our love of our Baguashan terroir brings us to do. Never will we claim that its a fantastic tea, we’ll let you decide how good it is. But, if you know us a little bit by now, you know that we would never propose a tea on this site that wouldn’t meet stringent criteria for the quality of the experience and the enjoyment brought in savouring this tea. And, we are even more critical when it comes to our own proposals! As for being authentic, our chapped hands and aching backs can attest to that! What we can also say is that it was made with the extra care and scrutiny our convictions about responsible farming that are definite concerns of ours. No pesticides or chemical fertilizers were used in the making of this tea. What can you expect in the cup? Well, this black tea has the vivacity of its Si Ji Chun Cultivar and offers a lovely tangy and refreshing taste that’s easy to drink. The aroma definitely show traces of citrus fruits, more so like mandarins with hints of other exotic fruits with no trace of bitterness (this is also our No. 1 tea for making cold infused iced tea, simply lovely!). Give it a try, we’d love to hear your thoughts about it!
Additional Information

PICKING STYLE: Mechanically Picked
CULTIVAR USED: Si Ji Chun
GARDEN ELEVATION: 350 m

About Taiwan Tea Crafts View company

Another interesting tea from Taiwan tea crafts. This tea still has some of the juiciness as the others I’ve had today but much less so. Instead there’s a more….earthy? Note in here. But yet not. Something about this one leaves a hint of that sort of black base that reminds me of….Ceylon? Or not. I’m having trouble qualifying this one. Hmmmm….

I really like this one. It tastes like a cross between a roasty taiwanese oolong and a taiwanese wild mountain black. It’s light and juicy, but with a nice roasty flavor to it. This is definitely going on the reorder list.

This is another interesting tea from TTC.
It’s very smooth, sweet, & again fruity, but not in the same way that the other ones were, & a little tangy. And once again, there is something I taste that I recognize, but can’t quite place.
These teas from TTC are a challenge to my taste buds, as they are very different from what I tend to drink, basically a while new genre of black tea, at least for me.

1980 tasting notes

Sipdown, 146. Thanks once again to Sil for this sample. ANother Taiwan black tea!

The leaf of this one has much fewer whole leaves in it, but the are there if you go digging through. I guess that’s probably a result of mechanically picking. The aroma is honeyed and fruity like apricot. It also has that fruity-black scent that I’m not really a fan of, but that is hard for me to articulate.

Fortunately, I enjoy the tea itself quite a bit! Who knows, maybe fruity Taiwanese black teas are growing on me. This is nicely sweet, slightly fruity, with a texture that is at once tangy and juicy as well as smooth and creamy. Not a hint of bitterness or astringency. Whatever that note I don’t usually like, well, it’s not that prominent in this one. I don’t love this one as much as the Sun Moon Lake I had previously, but it is quite delicious and I’m really glad I got to try it.

yep this was my least favourite of the bunch (ignoring the aged tea) but even as my least fav it was tasty!

An enjoyable and consistent tea through all infusions: rather sweet and fruity, with nicely subdued tannins, and hints of chocolate and dates.

First infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz water, 90 deg., 3:00 min.

Second infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 2:30 min.

Third infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 5:00 min.

Fourth infusion – 3 g. per 6 oz. water, 90 deg., 10:00+ min.

New teas arrived toaday. Ivé been wanting to explore taiwanese black tea and this did not let me down.
I found it swett and minty without astringancy. Very pleasant.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

Large twisty brown dry leaf which smell a bit like fruit and dry floral but once brewed becomes more rosy in scent.

Brewed colour is a light amber and smells so pretty with fruitiness and floral rosiness.

Taste is juicy, fruity and floral as well, and is very smooth and light. Very delicious with beautiful aroma – a lovely tea, and I very much enjoy this.
A good afternoon tea!

Thank you to Philip at Taiwan Tea Crafts who sent me this generous sample with my order.

gmathis

Sounds elegant!

caile

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by how enjoyable it was!

Whoa, I’ve been so very lazy about checking the in-depth details of my tea before drinking it lately and was not expecting this to be the way it is! It tastes more like an oolong than a black tea to me (perhaps not surprising given the source…oh Taiwan, you and your wonderful oolongs!), with a steeped color that reminds me a bit of the old fashioned Formosa Oolong from Harney, not dark and not light, in between. The overwhelming “whoa!” note that hits me immediately is apple cinnamon. Not tart-then-sugary apple juice-like teas (which I hate), more like eating homemade, still-chunky-firm applesauce made with rosy apples, a a variety with a lot of floral aroma. I’m so busy being surprised and enjoying it I think I’ll return to this note later. Tea! I love how you tempt me and flirt with me, how just when I think I’ve got you all figured out and we’re comfortably married and middle-aged in our relations, you go put on a new dress or I find out you can fix an engine or something I had no idea you were capable of. You sexy thing.

Sami Kelsh

Sexy indeed. This is beautiful to me.

MissB

This is more than a like for this tealog, it’s definitely a love. :)

TeaExplorer

I need a tea that can install a kitchen sink. Going to give this one a try ;)

DeliriumsFrogs

This is all so fantastic…..

Anna

Oh, best note ever.

ifjuly

hahaha, TeaExplorer! let me know when you find one that does. :D

(thanks guys!)