Yuchi Wild Mountain Black Tea Lot 242

Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

• “After trying a few new teas that weren't hitting the mark, I made this. This is such a delicious fall afternoon tea. There is something about it that reminds me of pumpkin pie. I also need to grab...” Read full tasting note
    TastyBrew 357 tasting notes
  • “Soy sauce - that's what the dry leaves smell like (not as pronounced after the leaves are steeped). While I'm on the subject of the leaves, they are very large and hand rolled (barely fit in the...” Read full tasting note
    Pureleaf 130 tasting notes
  • “another tea from earlier this evening. I still haven't decided how i feel about this one from TTC. it's similar to the others that i've had but also different. there are some underlying notes to...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4041 tasting notes
  • “So far, all the Taiwanese teas I have tried seem to have that distinctive spice note both in taste and aroma. I'm not really sure what it is, but it is very unique, aromatic and flavourful. This...” Read full tasting note
    caile 123 tasting notes

From Taiwan Tea Crafts

This is possibly the easiest black tea to drink in our selection. It is very distinctive and unique in taste and, might we add, rare! It is made from a wild tea strain indegenous to Taiwan called: Shan Cha (mountain tea). There’s nothing bold or brash about this tea, we are not in the same category as powerful assams. This is a subtle charming tea, yet extremely satisfying, with a good body and with surprising stamina! The taster will be greeted with a pleasant aroma of baked oats with buttered sweetness and a discreet floral note of wild rose will charm the nose as soon as the leaves are heated by the boiling water. The liqueur is all smoothness with a very light refreshing tartness. The taste is all pleasant and round with evocations of pastries and baked sweets with fruit compote notes similar to japanese white peaches. This year’s offering (2013) also proposes an intriguing yet subtle spicy character that hints on anise and cinnamon. What surprises the palate is the inviting suppleness of this tea that makes you want to drink cup after cup after cup. If black is not your usual cup, this is the tea that will convert you! This is a must try tea!

About Taiwan Tea Crafts View company

After trying a few new teas that weren’t hitting the mark, I made this. This is such a delicious fall afternoon tea. There is something about it that reminds me of pumpkin pie. I also need to grab one of those “I love leaf hopper” magnets, because I seriously do. Such good little hoppers.

You say hopper and I immediately think of a bugs life heh

TastyBrew

Hmmm… yeah, I don’t lover Hopper. But I do love hoppers :-)

Soy sauce – that’s what the dry leaves smell like (not as pronounced after the leaves are steeped). While I’m on the subject of the leaves, they are very large and hand rolled (barely fit in the 100ml gaiwan when dry). Quite interesting how the dry leaves speak soy sauce, yet the liquid is more gingerbread. The cup is very tasty with its thick, savory and very sweet broth. Deliciousness in every sip!

another tea from earlier this evening. I still haven’t decided how i feel about this one from TTC. it’s similar to the others that i’ve had but also different. there are some underlying notes to this that i haven’t quite wrapped my brain around. I may need to have a gong fu session to unlock my feelings on this one. still enjoying it..just….not settled in my opinion :)

So far, all the Taiwanese teas I have tried seem to have that distinctive spice note both in taste and aroma. I’m not really sure what it is, but it is very unique, aromatic and flavourful.

This is fragrant, fruity and spicy, but also smooth and creamy with notes of honey, and somehow savory as well. Seems bolder and more full bodied in a way, than the TTC golden dragon tippy black tea I had earlier, but both are similar to me. Delicious!