Chocolate Strawberry Temptation

Berries, Chocolate, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Talbott Teas

Juicy red strawberries with a kiss of dark coca -this black tea is all about you. Bursting with luxurious flavor, it’s decadence dipped in excess with a side of unbridled joy.

All natural premium ingredients: Full-leaf black tea, strawberry pieces, cacao nibs, strawberry leaf, chocolate and strawberry flavors.

About Talbott Teas View company

Another SIPDOWN! This one I will miss VERY VERY much!!! Totally YUMMO!
See previous notes

you are inspiring me to try this company out sometime when i’m able to get the funds..

TeaEqualsBliss

They are a great company! I chat with one of the owners often. They’ve been featured on Oprah’s Fave Things and that show Shark Tank! They have some neat flavorings!

CHAroma

Whoa! They were funded through Shark Tank??

TeaEqualsBliss

They were a successful company on their own prior but they were on the show last season, I think. Their promotional and media kits are pretty awesome, too!

CHAroma

Now I’m intrigued…I’ll have to check them out!

LiberTEAS

They’ve recently been bought out, though, I think. That’s what I’ve heard anyway.

TeaEqualsBliss

They are still the co-founders. Shane & Steve. They sold to Jamba Juice, I think. But they still are involved.

CHAroma

What a nice success story! Love it!

Awesome. I’ll need to take some time to plan purchase for when i have funds again.

Thanks to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea to try! It’s one that I’ve been anxious to try for some time now! I mean, how could I resist? With Chocolate and Strawberry? YUM!

While I am very happy that I am having this opportunity to try it, I feel like this is a tea that I need to tinker around with a bit, because I am just not getting the flavor I thought I would. I can taste faint notes of chocolate, faint notes of strawberry, and even the black tea tastes rather indistinct. I will try using a little more leaf next time and see how I fair with it. For now, I’m just not that impressed.

TeaEqualsBliss

Sorry you were kinda bummed. I did notice the more I tinkered the more I liked! I usually doubled the amount and went for 3 or more minutes to infuse…not sure if that advice would help a little or not…

LiberTEAS

Yes, it does help. I am going to try having a little more leaf next time. I am also noticing that the flavor develops slightly as it cools a little bit. It’s not a bad tea, it’s just not as impressive as I expected it to be.

TeaEqualsBliss

It does morph as it cools! So sorry I pumped it up too much for ya! LOL :P Sorry you were a little bummed

It’s not your fault! :)

Additional notes: This IS better steeping RIGHT after the water has been boiled for ten or more minutes, and not bothering with a second steep. There was more flavor… but I still don’t like the fruit leaves in here.

this tea was from a tea swap from DinoSara that i just received today and it was the first one i wanted to try!!! Im tasting more strawberry then chocolate Its a Light taste though and its good Its like a Soft Desert! I love this tea!! Sadly i only got 2 sips before we ran out of the house to get the new World of Warcraft Mist of Pandaria lol Home and going to make some more now

Tea of the morning…..

Now I am on to the last tea of my Talbott’s gift box. This one is still good, but again, not as good as the Chocolate Almond Allure. Definitely notes of strawberry and dark chocolate on Talbott’s rich tea base. I may even try milk with these at some point. I think the base can handle it well.

I have been pondering if I thought the regular price of the gift set would be worth it to me…… That is a tough one. I think if I had to pay full price for these, I would pick just the favorite of them and get a single tin if shipping were not an issue. However, for such a good deal (as the three tin gift set on clearance!), it is great that I have three teas that are good and enjoyable. Am I likely to repurchase any of the three? Probably not, unless the stars align for me again.

Usual mug method.

More random tea that is newly available in my grocery store. This one came in a Talbott Tea sampler box with six different teas, two teabags of each. The teabags are quite alright – they remind me a lot of Lupicia’s but they don’t seem quite as silky. They do have about as much tea per bag as Lupicia’s though. 3.1g for this one. Good job Talbott.

The smell reminds me of ROT’s Strawberry Chocolate herbal. I don’t think that one is a great tea, but I like it enough to buy it from the grocery store when I need something herbal-y so it’s decent enough. I suppose there are worse things to smell like.

Hmm. I think the ROT tastes better. At least it tastes more chocolate strawberry. This is mostly tea with a faint (super-faint) note of strawberry towards the end. The aftertaste has a sort of musty sock thing going on that, if you tilt your head and squint, might be considered somewhere in the chocolate family. Not a good part of the chocolate family but still, I’m feeling generous so I’ll count it.

The tea itself isn’t offensive or anything. It’s smooth and a little silky and mild with no astringency or bitterness. That’s nice. As it cools, almost to room temperature, more of the strawberry and chocolate flavors come out but it’s still not overly noticeable.

I can’t help but think that this wants to be a plus-chocolate type Marco Polo but it just doesn’t make it up there. Once it cools down quite a bit it’s closer in taste to the flavor of the ROT, but 1) honestly, that’s not something to aspire to and 2) the aftertaste still makes me think of wet socks. Not wet dirty socks, but still, wet socks.

So yeah, nice try but for once I think I prefer an herbal.

I want to like this tea more than I actually do. I read the other tasting notes and tried making it again and doubled the amount of leaf. It was better than the first time I made it, but I was still disappointed in this one. I had just purchased a Chocolate Strawberry at my local tea shop (I am not sure who makes it) that was very good, but I was expecting this one to be even better-it was not. I will not be purchasing this one again :( I really like there Luscious lemon meringue tea though and the caramel sundae one is not bad either. So I guess two out of three isnt bad.

While grocery shopping today I strolled along the tea isle and was excited to see four flavors of Talbot teas! Unfortunately they didn’t have the Chocolate Almond and unfortunately they were only sold in bags, but oh well! The bags are made of Soilon, and look like the silken mesh tea bags that are supposed to be biodegradable, but I kept finding whole in my garden bed after going through the compost pile. I looked it up and they are made of corn starch. I’ll try tossing these in with the compost and see what happens, but I’m fully expecting to find these bags chilling in my veggie garden.

Onto the tea! The first cup I brewed was at 3.5minutes in boiling water. I filled my cup 2/3 of the way with water thinking being bagged tea it was likely to be a little weaker, but it wasn’t. I went outside with it where I couldn’t easily add more water and drank the whole cup even tho it was way too strong. It wasn’t really bitter, but it had that bite at the sides of my tongue that dilution was likely to resolve. My second cup was steeped for 3 minutes in the same amount of water and was an improvement in the concentration factor, but may be lacking in the flavor arena. I’m getting strawberry as the dominating flavor in the sip with chocolate being more of an aftertaste and the whole thing is pretty smooth. The problem I’m having is a flatness in the sip that is cardboard like. I’m betting if I brewed it right the first time, it would have been a much more enjoyable cup. I have 11 more bags to try it with, so I’m sure I’ll get the chance to brew it better in the future.

I finished up my sample! I finally got this right today, which is great! I steeped this longer than usual and it brewed a nice medium brown. The scent was chocolate! I added sugar and milk to it, which definitely brought out the flavors more. It was creamy and I could actually taste a bit of strawberry even though it was faint. Delicious blend.

Flavors: Berries, Chocolate, Cream

Another hotel tea, but perhaps my favorite. The strawberry is more pronounced than any other strawberry flavored tea I’ve had. It doesn’t seem artificial either. The tea (for me, at least) had just a hint of chocolate, which is a balance that seemed to be pretty good. With a bit of sugar, this is really a nice cuppa.