Paris Breakfast

High
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

3 Images

• “Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this tea to try! This is quite possibly the best Paris Breakfast/French Breakfast tea that I’ve tried – it...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4825 tasting notes
  • “I’m just not having luck with Talbott Teas. Which is disappointing because I’ve seen some logs about some yummy sounding ones but my track record is abysmal enough with them that I...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “I received a sampling box of Talbot teas for Christmas that I forgot to input to my cupboard and this one was the first of the lot of them that I tried. I rarely find myself disappointed in a...” Read full tasting note
    VampBunny 52 tasting notes
  • “Of all the teas in this sample pack, this is probably the only one I would ever buy again. It smells of chocolate and malt and brews up the color of maple syrup. It’s strong, bold, and very...” Read full tasting note
    spharo 206 tasting notes

From Talbott Teas

Paris is my favorite destination. I wanted to refine the traditional breakfast tea and make it bold, smooth and sophisticated – just like Paris. Tastes great with a splash of milk. — Shane Talbott, Tea Blend Master

Elegant and delighting malty breakfast blend of the finest organic black tea leaves to awaken and captivate the senses. The ultimate wake-up tea. Enjoy plain or with a splash of milk.

Begin your day with the lush boldness of this tea’s namesake city.

Ingredients: organic black tea and organic cornflower petals.

Bring fresh filtered water to just shy of boiling. Pour over sachet and let the aroma entice you while steeping 3-5 minutes. Remove sachet to capture flavor at its peak.

About Talbott Teas View company

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me this tea to try!

This is quite possibly the best Paris Breakfast/French Breakfast tea that I’ve tried – it isn’t flavored like some of the French Breakfast teas that I’ve had in the past. (usually they’re flavored with vanilla and/or caramel, and they’re good like this, but I kind of like that this one is unflavored)

The Assam is rich and malty. It has a strong baked note. Very full flavored and full bodied. NICE!

Please keep things friendly and .

I’m just not having luck with Talbott Teas. Which is disappointing because I’ve seen some logs about some yummy sounding ones but my track record is abysmal enough with them that I just can’t buy any on the off chance they’ll be tasty. Prior experience is proving they aren’t.

This one is no exception. The smell is woodsy and malty, a lot like a Dalmih Italian Almond Ceylon I had previously (and I think I logged here? I have some catching up to do, I think), though not quite as thick and syrupy smelling. The taste isn’t near as thick, either. It’s starchy, a little flat, woodsy and has a faint tail note of something brightly Darjeeling-ish. And that’s pretty much all it gives me. Honestly, it’s pretty dull.

I suppose that’s my problem. It’s just dull. Cardboardy, but not in a happy way. Flat. Starchy. Woody. They all tie back to cardboard and that’s just not sexy. It’s boring. Sigh. Oh well, at least I’m out of this one.

Ninavampi

Note to self… Cardboard is not sexy…. Hahaha… Good review even though you didn’t like the tea!

Auggy

Haha! Thanks! :) And I’ve run across some nice cardboard-y tea but nope, never a sexy cardboard-y tea!

Please keep things friendly and .

I received a sampling box of Talbot teas for Christmas that I forgot to input to my cupboard and this one was the first of the lot of them that I tried. I rarely find myself disappointed in a breakfast tea. From English to Irish and now Paris, they are all delectable. Paris Breakfast, while very similar to both it’s British Isles cousins, has more in common with English Breakfast in my opinion. In short, it’s a very good cuppa. _

Please keep things friendly and .

Of all the teas in this sample pack, this is probably the only one I would ever buy again. It smells of chocolate and malt and brews up the color of maple syrup. It’s strong, bold, and very flavorful. Also fruity. I’m attempting a re-steep of this one just because I like it so much.

Second Steep
8 ounces + 200 degrees + 10 minutes

The tea has opened up inside the sachet and looks like mulched leaves. I’m noticing a little oiliness in the liquid this time around and the color is much lighter than before. It’s still as dark as other black teas I’ve tried though. The flavor is lighter too but definitely still strong enough for this second steep.

Flavors: Chocolate, Fruity, Malt