Mandarin Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Batrachoid

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Backlogging from Friday afternoon. Another thank you to the generous AmazonV for giving me this tea. Every year mandarin and blood oranges come into season I've diligently saves every scrape of...” Read full tasting note
    Batrachoid 177 tasting notes

From Tao of Tea

Blend: India

Introduction: Made exclusively for us, this exceptional green Darjeeling is comprised of only the top leaves of the tea plant. After the leaves are carefully plucked, they are lightly baked at a low temperature to preserve their rich antioxidant properties. Blended with refreshing mandarin orange essence.

Flavor Profile: Cooling with distinct citrus taste.

Ingredients: 100% Organic Green Tea Leaves, Organic Natural Mandarin Orange Essence
Certified Organic by: Quality Assurance International (QAI)

Brewing Suggestions
Two teaspoons in 175 F water for six minutes

About Tao of Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

Every year mandarin and blood oranges come into season I’ve diligently saves every scrape of peel to dry for tea blending, along with other citrus. I suppose it occupies the time I’d spend mowing the lawn. And having iced blood orange tea in June is worth it.
Since I’ve been ordered at least two weeks of rest at home, I’ve had ample time to observe this squirrel-like hoarding. But twenty minutes of releasing the smell of blood oranges into the air with none left to eat morphs from distraction to torture quickly. Then the mailman came, leaving this on my door step.
Bless AmazonV.

Since I was sent this with the warning of “mint containation” a gave it a sniff. There’s a little mint lingering around the lazily drifting orange smell. It actual smells quite harmonious.

I was skeptical about the six minute steeping time but I don’t really drink darjeeling based teas. So I tested it at four. WAY too weak. Another three minutes did the trick.
The taste is the opposite of my usual sencha as well. The orange is simple, murky and relaxed. This is a nice change of pace.The unimpossing darjeeling is actually detectable; when I think about it any other green would probably fight with the mandarin esssence. A frog friendly darjeeling? Another Tao feat of magic.
I sipped this tea for an hour without tastebud overload nor boredom.The hint of mint that’s there sometimes keeps it interesting.
Yep, the is made to be nursed in a big mug with a bigger non-fiction book. This is exactly what I think I’ll reorder this with my next Tao order (my happy health store doesn’t sell this one. Curses!). And I’ll might “contaminate” my mug with mint on purpose. =) Thanks for the book brew!