Silver Needle

White Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Daniil

• “This was my favourite out of all the teas I sampled today, and sadly also the first. WOW!! I wanted to take some home with me... but it was absurdly expensive and so I settled for something else...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1258 tasting notes
  • “I think? this is one of the teas i tried today at tao's moon cake festival tea tasting thing. On the whole, while it's a nice silver needle, there just really isn't much room in my cupboard for...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4043 tasting notes
  • “Ok, whites are probably the last teas on my list to drink if I have a choice. I just don't find them punchy or tea-e (yea, it's a word) enough for me. I still bow before the gorgeousness of flavor...” Read full tasting note
    daniil 69 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

USDA Certified Organic silver needle is produced using only the most tender tea buds from the first flush of Da Bai (Great White) tea tree. Our Bai Hao Yin Zhen is is prized for its large silvery buds and delicious sweet flavor.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

This was my favourite out of all the teas I sampled today, and sadly also the first. WOW!! I wanted to take some home with me… but it was absurdly expensive and so I settled for something else instead. Until I drink down the rest of my teas there really is no justification in spending that much money on one tea.
Anyhow, the tea…
Tao brought out two varieties. One of them fresh, and the other from a 100 yr old bush, and then the leaves were aged. It was similar in flavour, if not a little more robust and less smooth.
The taste was sweet and deep, not laying on top or in the middle. I mean, the sweetness seemed to permeate the entire sip but not in an overwhelming way, but more balanced… it was a light tea after all. The sweetness lingered afterwards as well.
Such soft downy leaves! and that aspect seemed to translate into the tea somehow. It tasted soft, and round as well.
Second infusion was the best, a little sweeter and rounder and just oh so soooo very tasty.
Now I’m wondering if I should have just put it on my credit card… sighs

Bonnie

Soooo glad you had a wonderful time!!!

Indigobloom

thanks Bonnie! I have a feeling you would adore this shop :)

Bonnie

Mostly if we were having a tea time together my friend!

Indigobloom

awww Bonnie!! <3

I think? this is one of the teas i tried today at tao’s moon cake festival tea tasting thing. On the whole, while it’s a nice silver needle, there just really isn’t much room in my cupboard for white teas unless they blow my mind. this one did not.

Ok, whites are probably the last teas on my list to drink if I have a choice. I just don’t find them punchy or tea-e (yea, it’s a word) enough for me. I still bow before the gorgeousness of flavor of theirs, but it’s just not my cup of tea. But trying this tea (had a sample, steeped it for a dear friend who loves whites) on a second steep I was blown away. It is a very delicious tea. I am backlogging now, so can’t go in details of flavor, but I can say it was delicious and didn’t make me think for a second that it’s a white – I simply enjoyed it.