Da Hong Pao

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Daniil

• “I spent the day at work enjoying this tea. I've had it before, and I don't think I appreciated it as much the first time around. This is a top shelf oolong. I've been drinking several different...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 728 tasting notes
  • “A very high quality roasted oolong, actually one of the better Da Hong Paos I had an honor to try. Roasty, mellow, slight bitterness - everything is balanced in this tea. It's hard to go wrong with...” Read full tasting note
    daniil 69 tasting notes
  • “An incredibly fragrant tea, I feel like I'm sitting in front of camp fire or smelling the scent of wafting marijuana. Great mouth feel as well. I love this tea and my husband loves it even more.” Read full tasting note
    Sipa 41 tasting notes
  • “The tea itself tasted just fine. My main negative comment goes to Tao Tea Leaf itself, in that the 26g I was provided consisted mainly of crushed dust, with few intact tea leafs sitting on top. ...” Read full tasting note
    shreveportteaseries 3 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

The king of the famous rock oolong in the WuYi Mountain. Big Red Robe in China, a highly prized tea and a Si Da Ming Cong(The Four Great Bushes). This tea is also one of the two oolongs that make it to the list of Chinese famous teas.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

I spent the day at work enjoying this tea. I’ve had it before, and I don’t think I appreciated it as much the first time around. This is a top shelf oolong. I’ve been drinking several different versions of this lately and this one is hands down my favorite. It is really pricey, and I know that shouldn’t factor into it, but somehow it does. Is this twice as good as others I’ve tried (it costs twice as much as some), I’m not sure, but it is really good. If you want to splurge on an excellent oolong – this would be a good choice. I’ve upped my rating a little bit and I would probably rate this even higher if it wasn’t for the cost.

scribbles

Am so happy you are enjoying their teas!! I agree…pricey, but tasty…when off hiatus in next month you can expect more…will pm you before I visit their shop.

Dexter

LOL thank you!!!! – NO – you don’t have to do that. Spend your money on tea for you!!! What I would like is a catalog. Can’t wait for their new web site to get up and running. See what else they have. I think what is currently listed is only some of the amazing stuff they sell.
This is my favorite Red Robe style oolong. Jin Ping Gong Fu is my favorite black. Their tea is just amazing. Some of the others I thought I really liked just don’t compare. Thank you for introducing me.

JustJames

this was lovely…

A very high quality roasted oolong, actually one of the better Da Hong Paos I had an honor to try. Roasty, mellow, slight bitterness – everything is balanced in this tea. It’s hard to go wrong with a Big Red Robe, but this particular one is a sure hit. Delicious tea, very good quality. It’s not a cheap one, but it’s truly a treat for a special occasion. Your gaiwan or yixing pot will thank you :)

An incredibly fragrant tea, I feel like I’m sitting in front of camp fire or smelling the scent of wafting marijuana. Great mouth feel as well. I love this tea and my husband loves it even more.

The tea itself tasted just fine. My main negative comment goes to Tao Tea Leaf itself, in that the 26g I was provided consisted mainly of crushed dust, with few intact tea leafs sitting on top. Perhaps I got the last bit from the larger bag, but I am very disappointed. That being said, my other teas that were shipped were still intact.