Coconut Oolong (Organic)

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jessie

• “Oh, my. This is bloody delicious. It's also my third coconut Oolong in a week. I'm at that point where I have so many teas that I can't recall what's in my cupboard, and that the less-than-stellar...” Read full tasting note
    nomadinjeopardy 658 tasting notes
  • “I had this tea this morning, and finally found a chance to log in to do a tasting note. From my recall this is absolutely delish. I remember notes of the oolong...mineral, but also the roasty,...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 177 tasting notes
  • “this tea evolves with distinct changes from bag opening to sipping. -when i opened the bag i smelled roasted coconut with some oolong in the background. -once the water was added the evolution...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 342 tasting notes
  • “I had to get this one after David's Tea came out with their Coconut Oolong. I got that one of course but with a search on Steepster, this one intrigued me. Of course that led to a whole new...” Read full tasting note
    Ubacat 104 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

Our USAD certified organic Coconut Oolong is creamy, smooth coconut perfectly blended with Bao Zhong Oolong.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

Oh, my. This is bloody delicious. It’s also my third coconut Oolong in a week.

I’m at that point where I have so many teas that I can’t recall what’s in my cupboard, and that the less-than-stellar ones never end up getting used. So there is just a backlog of mediocre teas I try to force myself to drink while the new ones and samples pile up.

And THEN I realized that I had a Tao Tea Leaf voucher expiring March 1. Oh dear. I knew I wasn’t going to have time to visit the store in the couple days I had left to use it, so an online order it was. I’d never tried anything from them before and obviously don’t have any big vacancies in my collection, so I thought lots of samples was the way to go. This left me with the box that arrived today, full of no fewer than 20 samples and three 25 g bags. It’s also left me still never having visited the store, though their online customer service was really great. They were helpful by e-mail and my tea came very nicely packaged and quickly, with a 5% off coupon.

Anyway, this tea. I was going to save it until I finished the Tealish Coconut Bongo, I was. But when I opened my Tao package I lost all control and opened the packet for a sniff. It was so overwhelmingly aromatic that I immediately had to have some. I’d just boiled the Zojirushi so I went gong fu with this one, so it’s not really a direct comparison to the two previous coconut Oolongs I’ve had. But it’s enough to say that it is very similar. The same sweet, toasted coconut flavour on top of fresh green Oolong. These might be my two favourite flavours in the world, so I’m pretty ecstatic to see that there seems to be a coconut Oolong niche out there. I think I may become obsessed with trying every one I can.

The only thing striking me as any different about this tea, apart from its general awesomeness, is how vibrant the Oolong is. Green and (subtly) floral, and impossibly creamy and silky-smooth. It steeps a really bright yellow-green, and tastes incredibly fresh. I will have to try it Western-style soon.

From my recall this is absolutely delish. I remember notes of the oolong…mineral, but also the roasty, toasty coconut. I can’t believe I left this one for so long, I think it will become a staple.

I have another coconut oolong in my stash, but I think this one is superior. Will have to re-visit other to compare.

While I was driving to do my weekend errands I still had roasted coconut on my tongue 20 minutes after drinking cup. Not a bad thing.

this tea evolves with distinct changes from bag opening to sipping.

-once the water was added the evolution began, but not in a way i would have predicted: the colour didn’t deepen much but took on a milky hue AND the smell went from a fierce coconut to a lesser coconut with undefinable florals.
-a 6 minute steep because i like a robust tea and this one stayed quite pale.
-cream and sugar because it is the common way i take all but greens.
-on the tongue: i taste coconut and a VERY light oolong, no bitterness, with a refined floral smell at the same time.
-the sip is smooth, as is the caffeine (as opposed to sticky on the tongue).

nicely done tao tea leaf! and a thank you to scribbles for sharing this little gem!

I had to get this one after David’s Tea came out with their Coconut Oolong. I got that one of course but with a search on Steepster, this one intrigued me. Of course that led to a whole new order from Tao Tea Leaf since it made more sense to at least order 35.00 to take advantage of the free shipping!

Out of the two oolongs I think I prefer this one. The coconut flavor is very subtle unlike the one from David’s tea which is quite prominent. The oolong is a really high quality one for this. I’m getting buttery, sweet notes with a bit of the coconut.

200 °F / 93 °C