Golden Assam

Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by Indigobloom

From Tao Tea Leaf

One of our most popular black teas, our organic golden Assam is rich, sweet and malty.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

uh..sipdown. i had this something like 17 hours ago. it was a good start to my day. i feel really bad because i have no idea what to write about it. I think it was fairly average…nothing spectacular but an over all decent version. i apologise tao…you deserve a better review.

Milk, some honey… golden assam tea… this was very good! it wasn’t however, what I expected. The fruity aspect was something I’ve never experienced in a black tea. A floral sort of fruity. Cherry perhaps? that’s all I can really pinpoint at the moment. Would have to try it again to really “get it”.
Not sure I’d actually buy any for myself though.
Rating: 88

Another pleasant tea that I drank this morning from sil.
I can’t really much about it, but it I remember that I enjoyed it, as I was getting ready to run out the front door.

FINALLY got my Tao Tea order yesterday. After over a month of complications that is.
But they let me pick out a couple free samples…and not only that but the samples were HUGE.
They gave me an oolong sample that was 52g and a black tea sample that was 26g. Crazy big.
Might have actually been worth all the disappointment and stress this order caused me over the last month and a bit. xD
This was not a free sample, but a tea I had wanted to try from them for a while. This was the second tea i tried in my order.
Steeped it for about three minutes. A little bit too bold, but it was still good. Very malty. Not too much sweetness, mainly just malt.
Next time I am going to steep it for like two minutes and maybe it will be less in-your-face. XD But i still really liked it! I do love a malty tea! ^^

Flavors: Malt

Nightshifter

52g is bigger than an actual purchase from many vendors. Nice haul!

OMGsrsly

Yay! So glad you got it.

My initial review of this one mentioned its lightness and brightness, and we’ll stick with that, but if you leaf it a little heavier…the lights intensify to those nasty, wicked LED headlights that other drivers insist on shining in my eyes before they are entirely open on my morning commute.

(Leaf it. The rest of the world would scratch their heads at that verb, but I am secure that you know exactly what I am talking about. Think we need to compile a Steepster glossary?)