Golden Assam

Edit tea info Last updated by Indigobloom

From Tao Tea Leaf

One of our most popular black teas, our organic golden Assam is rich, sweet and malty.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

uh..sipdown. i had this something like 17 hours ago. it was a good start to my day. i feel really bad because i have no idea what to write about it. I think it was fairly average…nothing spectacular but an over all decent version. i apologise tao…you deserve a better review.

Milk, some honey… golden assam tea… this was very good! it wasn’t however, what I expected. The fruity aspect was something I’ve never experienced in a black tea. A floral sort of fruity. Cherry perhaps? that’s all I can really pinpoint at the moment. Would have to try it again to really “get it”.
Not sure I’d actually buy any for myself though.
Rating: 88

Another pleasant tea that I drank this morning from sil.
I can’t really much about it, but it I remember that I enjoyed it, as I was getting ready to run out the front door.

Malty is the general go-to descriptor for Assam teas, but in my vernacular, toasty fits much better. Not burnt toast, mind you; lightly toasted. A “3” setting on my well-used and crumby Oster.

This Assam from Tao Tea Leaf is just that with a little sweetness on the tip of the tongue. Enough black tea kick to noodge me awake (I hate daylight savings time. Sorry, night people. I want my extra light in the morning!)

Thanks to scribbles for this morning’s cuppa.

TheTeaFairy

Haha! I will now describe my " toasty" flavours with my toaster levels…mine goes up to 10, so that gives me a wide range of description, lol!