Milk Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Renata

• “Just as the tea description says, as soon as I opened the bag the creamy, milky aroma was immediately apparent. I was sure I was in for a treat. So far I've had 2 cups and about to go for a...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 200 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I'll see if I can do a total of 4 sipdowns today. This is the first. I brewed half of this sample from Tao a few days ago gong-fu style with my gaiwan. I just brewed the second half now...” Read full tasting note
    cvasilevski 405 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

Our milk oolong is a fantastic addition to our oolong family. Oolongs are semi oxidized teas that fall in between greens and blacks. Their bodies are thick and rich, practically begging to be coupled with a creamy flavour. This teas natural milky aroma hits you immediately when you open the bag. The milk oolong has a fantastically rich and creamy flavour that can you can enjoy while the velvety aroma hangs overhead.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

So far I’ve had 2 cups and about to go for a third. As the tea aroma suggested, the brews were sweet and creamy. But, I didn’t find this any more special than another milk oolong I had tried a while ago (which was far less expensive). It was good, but not outstanding.

Fjellrev

I see the potential in milk oolongs, but still haven’t found one that is outstanding.

scribbles

This is only my second milk oolong, so I don’t have a lot of comparison experience. I’ve read Mandala’s version is quite good.

Fjellrev

I haven’t had theirs either but it’s been on my list. Maybe it’s the answer!

scribbles

I hope so! My next order from them will definitely include some.

mrmopar

Mandala’s is very good.

Sipdown! I’ll see if I can do a total of 4 sipdowns today. This is the first.

I brewed half of this sample from Tao a few days ago gong-fu style with my gaiwan. I just brewed the second half now Western-style, and decided to toss the leaves after the first steep.

Western style, the oolong base really cuts through the creaminess of the milk flavouring. It’s a greener base as well, which I’m slowly realizing I’m not a big fan of. Ah well. One more down.

200 °F / 93 °C 2 min, 45 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML