Imperial pu-erh shu

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by scribbles

• “sipdown! (162) You know what goes amazingly well with puerh? Pumpkin pie fudge. Yeah…it’s barely lunch time but i’m totally enjoying a small piece of fudge with this puerh. This...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5933 tasting notes
  • “This was my tea of choice at work today. I’ve had it before, but haven’t drank any for quite awhile. Trying to drink some of my older teas, trying not to hoard some of my...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 841 tasting notes
  • “Once again, I am looking through today’s tasting notes and I see that all my "likes" are gone, though comments I made are still there. Sorry, everyone, I AM reading your notes. This...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1943 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

Product description not available yet.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

sipdown! (162) You know what goes amazingly well with puerh? Pumpkin pie fudge. Yeah…it’s barely lunch time but i’m totally enjoying a small piece of fudge with this puerh. This is a pretty tasty puerh. It lacks some of the intricacies of some of my favourite puerh, but this would do in a pinch anytime! It’s got depth to it, which i really enjoy and it held up well over a number of steepings.

This was my tea of choice at work today. I’ve had it before, but haven’t drank any for quite awhile. Trying to drink some of my older teas, trying not to hoard some of my favorites.
Seven months ago I wrote something to the effect that I thought this was a little pu’erh, a little black. Had characteristics of both. I still agree with that, but now that I’ve experienced more pu’erh (and more black for that matter) – I’ve decided that this is Special Dark’s little brother. If Special Dark were ever discontinued (please say it won’t happen) this would be my replacement for it.
This is more pu’erh ( really good pu’erh) and less chocolate, but definitely in the same family. I love it for what it is. It’s really, really good .

TheTeaFairy

Oh! Thanks for finding a little brother for Special Dark…will have to keep that in mind :-)

Dexter

(I’ve already put a sample of it in “your” box for next time……)

TheTeaFairy

:-) :-) :-)

1943 tasting notes

Once again, I am looking through today’s tasting notes and I see that all my “likes” are gone, though comments I made are still there. Sorry, everyone, I AM reading your notes.

This is a tricksy little shu. Yesterday it was good but a little weak and didn’t last as many steeps as my usual shu do. Today I simply added the Ernest of the sample packet to yesterday’s leaves which I thought were pretty spent, and I thought I had divided the sample pretty well in half.

Today this is a shu that just keeps going. I made three steps before leaving town and told youngest to have all she wanted. There was no bitterness or untoward strength in what I drank this morning, yet youngest said her next two steeps were as dark as coffee, but still tasty. I think she made one more after that and then left the leaves to me. My opinion of this shu has gone up due to its gentle flavor with the oily high note and it ability to resteep.

K S

Your likes are probably showing up for everyone but you. I try to remember the newest note I liked so that I can know where to start the next time. The little red hearts only show up when they feel like it for me as well.

TeaBrat

the like function has been acting weird for me for a while now.

looseTman

Added to Steepster Bug Status Thread.