Ginger Sencha Green Tea Premium Blend

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Thanks to *Indigobloom* for picking up a sample of this tea for me. I LOVE ginger so I was pretty excited to try it. I think I may have underleafed this tea because it came out very light in color,...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2355 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

Our Ginger Sencha tea is a great blend of Japanese Sencha green tea and ginger. Ginger is a powerful addition to this already great tea. The two combine to give you a wonderfully spicy flavour. The strong taste of the ginger perfectly balances out the boldness of the sencha, leaving you with a brew that is great for helping with bad coughs and colds. It’s especially good on a cold winter’s night.

Region: Tao Tea Leaf Blend

Steeping Guide:
Amount: 3g/ 2 teaspoon per cup.
Temperature: 80°c /176°F
Steep Time: 2-3 minutes. This tea can be steeped two times.

• Feel free to adjust the amount of tea and the steeping time according to your personal taste. We do not recommend changing the temperature of the water. Water that is too hot may burn the tea leaves and bring out the bitterness in your tea.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

1 Tasting Note

Thanks to Indigobloom for picking up a sample of this tea for me. I LOVE ginger so I was pretty excited to try it. I think I may have underleafed this tea because it came out very light in color, not what I’d be expecting for a sencha. The flavor is pretty light, mildly vegetal with an almost floral note. I get the ginger in the background but when I make ginger herbal tea, I usully steep it for 5 minutes or more.

I wish I had more of this to play with, I bet it would be perfect cold steeped which would really allow the ginger to come through without oversteeping the green. I feel like I can’t really give this a proper rating dur to user error… :-)