Phoenix Dan Cong (Honey Orchid) Oolong Tea Premium

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Kinda relieved this isn't as perfect or honestly even much at all like Golden Moon's mysterious Honey Orchid--on the one hand it'd be another resource for it (I'm mad for GM's) but on the other I'd...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

Once reserved for the imperial family. It is now a worldwide famous oolong. There are several varieties of the Phoenix Dan Cong, but this one in particular has a fantastic flavour. It is sweet with a fruity taste of lychees and honey and a base of roasted nuts. It is a light tea with a remarkable smooth finish.

Region: Feng Huang Shan, Guangdong Province

Other Names: Mi Lan Dan Cong

Steeping Guide:
Teaware: Glass or ceramic Gaiwan
Amount: 3g /1½ teaspoons
Temperature: 100°c (212°F)
Steeping Time: We suggest that you rinse your tea leaves before enjoying them, simply add water to the leaves and discard. This wakes them up and they are ready to go. For your first steep, we suggest a 30-50 second steep. For the second steep 10 seconds is best, simply add 5 seconds to each of your next steeps. This will allow you to experience the full range of tastes the leaves have to offer.

*These steeping directions are for a traditional Gong Fu style tea, if you are brewing this tea in a regular cup we recommend steeping for 2 – 3 minutes. This tea can be steeped 4 times.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

1 Tasting Note

Kinda relieved this isn’t as perfect or honestly even much at all like Golden Moon’s mysterious Honey Orchid—on the one hand it’d be another resource for it (I’m mad for GM’s) but on the other I’d feel a little chumpy for getting sooooo excited about GM’s (one of the first teas I really fell in love with when I joined Steepster) only to discover it was just like everyone else’s what-I-learned-is-known-as dancong (if that’s even what it is…hard to tell, vague copy over at GM!). This doesn’t give me the insta-aaahh sigh of fragrant honey pleasure GM’s does. Honestly, it tastes a bit weak to me…but maybe I need to play around with the steeping paramters or do it gongfu sometime.