Ginger Pu-er Shou Tea Organic

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

• “I bought this as a sample from tao because my tea sister likes puerh and she likes ginger but she doesn't usually like flavoured puerh (except sichuan caravan that needs to COME BACK NAAAO). So i...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4840 tasting notes
  • “This was my choice of tea in the afternoon. I'm not sure why I purchased it, because I'm not the greatest fan of ginger, but decided to give it a try anyway. I was surprised at how much I...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 205 tasting notes
  • “Another Sipdown from my *Sil* Box! Thanks So much for knowing that I love Ginger, Sil! BTW, I ordered a ridiculous amount of Sichuan Caravan, LOL. I think Ginger is one of the best things with...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2897 tasting notes
  • “Thank you so much *scribbles* for sending me a sample of this tea. I don't normally do well with ginger teas. They are normally way too gingery for my tastes. This one is pretty well balanced. ...” Read full tasting note
    Dexter 728 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

Our ginger pu’er is a fantastic tasting blend with many health benefits. The rich and smooth taste of the pu’er combines with the spicy and warming qualities of ginger making for a delicious spicy and invigorating tea. Studies have shown both pu’er and ginger to be good for the digestives system, making this tea a perfect after dinner treat.

Region: Tao Tea Leaf Blend

Steeping Guide:
Amount: 3g per cup.
Temperature: 100°c /212°F
Steep Time: 2-3 minute. This tea can be multiple times.

For iced tea brew the same amount of tea in half the amount of water. Then fill your cup with ice, pour the tea and enjoy!

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

I bought this as a sample from tao because my tea sister likes puerh and she likes ginger but she doesn’t usually like flavoured puerh (except sichuan caravan that needs to COME BACK NAAAO). So i figured maybe this would be one that she might enjoy.

As for me? I like this a bunch. It’s not drop everything omg this is the best damn tea ever, but it’s a little ginger-spicy and the base doesn’t get lost. I haven’t yet tried the samples of straight puerhs from tao but so far, these seem like good solid teas. I’m going to enjoy getting through more of these over the weekend (need to get to 200 after all…)

Terri HarpLady

Yay! Yes, I love ginger! Remind me next time we’re chatting on FB, & I’ll tell you about my secret formula idea, LOL.

This was my choice of tea in the afternoon. I’m not sure why I purchased it, because I’m not the greatest fan of ginger, but decided to give it a try anyway.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this tea. The ginger is present and provides a nice spice without over-powering the pu’er. This is a nicely balanced tea.

i quite like this one! really nice ginger tea

scribbles

I agree. I was surprised with how much I enjoyed it.

Another Sipdown from my Sil Box!
I think Ginger is one of the best things with Shu, or really with any dark type of tea. This one strikes a really nice balance, with the ginger & puer both at just the right level. The Shu is a nice one, a little earth, a little semolina. It’s perfect for my day, as my guts are a little out of sync still. I made myself another bowl of soup (chicken stock, chicken, spiralized sweet potato, green onion, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, & a little red curry paste). I’m having soup, the puer, & a bottle of ginger kombucha.

i quite like this one..but sometimes tao’s prices make my head hurt.

Terri HarpLady

yeah, I have to agree.

Thank you so much scribbles for sending me a sample of this tea.

I don’t normally do well with ginger teas. They are normally way too gingery for my tastes. This one is pretty well balanced. It is definitely ginger, but it’s not overwhelming.
This is just warm and comforting. I’m not sure I love it, but it’s quite nice…..