Golden Needle Black Tea Premium

Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by ifjuly

• “It's been a crazy couple of days, and I finally got a chance to just sit and relax, and let some if the stress go. This sweet honey tea is certainly helping to ease the tension. This is a sad...” Read full tasting note
    scribbles 207 tasting notes
  • “Smells so much of honey. I admit, I love black teas with natural honey notes (Golden Fleece and Honey Orchid are two of my favorites). Interesting it's from Lincang; I could be imagining it but...” Read full tasting note
    ifjuly 612 tasting notes
  • “This tea smells so good! I'm picking up on a syrupy sort of sweetness, some dark berries and sweet potato. I love it when teas have a really delicious scent, it makes it that much more exciting to...” Read full tasting note
    QueenOfTarts 526 tasting notes
  • “I am on a quest to try as many Chinese black teas as possible. This smells really, I like the honey scent. There is a sweet, malty flavour. (It went well with my doriyaki.) Glad I finally got to...” Read full tasting note
    Lariel 375 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

Our Golden Needle won in the hot cup category at the 2011 North American Tea Championship. Often called the Silver Needle of black tea, this amazing tea is made only of young buds picked in early spring from the Yunnan Da Ye Pu’er trees. The tea is prized for its sweet honey like flavour. It is also one of the Emperor’s choice teas. Overall this tea is wonderfully sweet and delicious, a must try for any lover of black tea. Golden Needle is medium bodied with a wonderfully honey-like sweetness. The aroma alone is enough to make your mouth water. The aftertaste is sweet and long lasting.

Region: Lincang, Yunnan Province, China.

Steeping Guide:
Teaware: Glass or ceramic Gaiwan
Amount: 3g /1½ teaspoons
Temperature: 100°c (212°F)
Steeping Time: 1 to 2 minutes for the first two steeps and 3 to 5 minutes for the third and fourth.

*These steeping directions are for a traditional Gong Fu style tea, if you are brewing this tea in a regular cup we recommend steeping for 2 – 3 minutes. This tea can also been re-steeped 4 times.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

It’s been a crazy couple of days, and I finally got a chance to just sit and relax, and let some if the stress go. This sweet honey tea is certainly helping to ease the tension.

This is a sad sipdown, but i am sure it will be back in my cupboard.

Smells so much of honey. I admit, I love black teas with natural honey notes (Golden Fleece and Honey Orchid are two of my favorites). Interesting it’s from Lincang; I could be imagining it but it seems to have that clean almost minty quality (albeit subtler) Loose and Luscious Lincang Pu Erh has. I really like it; it sets it apart. You don’t think it will work with sweet and “dark” flavors but it does.

This tea smells so good! I’m picking up on a syrupy sort of sweetness, some dark berries and sweet potato. I love it when teas have a really delicious scent, it makes it that much more exciting to drink!

Sipping… mmm, this is just as I thought it would taste. Sweet potato, black pepper and honey. It almost reminds me of water crackers with pepper. It is on the verge of being perhaps a little bit too peppery for me, but it’s not enough to scare me away. There are times when I pick up on a more creamy note, but it fades quickly and leaves behind that sharp, spicy taste. I still think this is very enjoyable and would drink this again. Thank you Tao Tea Leaf!

Glad I finally got to try a Golden Needle tea. Thanks, Tao Tea Leaf.

Flavors: Honey