Golden Yunnan Black

Bulk, Loose Leaf
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Anlina
Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I went into Tao Tea Leaf today and picked up far more teas than I was planning. This is the first of that lot. My first sip was kind of meh. A touch of bitterness and astringency, and that sort...” Read full tasting note
    Anlina 485 tasting notes
  • “Oh, the difference a minute or so can make! Generally, Tao's Golden Yunnan has a rich, dark wood and fruitiness. It is a very good breakfast tea. Distracted and agitated this morning, walked off...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1768 tasting notes

From Tao Tea Leaf

Our Golden Yunnan is made from the ancient tea trees of Yunnan. Known for their robust and strong flavours these leaves make the prefect foundation for this tea. Golden Yunnan perfectly blends the resilient flavour of the mature leaves and the sweet delicate taste of the buds. This results in a wonderfully full bodied flavour. The tea is rich, malty and warm with a fruity almost nutty sweetness.

Region: Lincang, Yunnan Province, China.

Other Names: Dianhong Tea. Yunnan Hong Cha.

About Tao Tea Leaf View company

My first sip was kind of meh. A touch of bitterness and astringency, and that sort of generic black tea taste. My second sip I burned my mouth. I was feeling a bit disappointed, but then third sip… oh my. The sip itself is nothing too interesting – same as my first impression, but the finish on this tea is magnificent. Sweet potato and corn and sweetness and malt. I wanted to sip this slowly, to savour the lingering finish, but I also wanted to keep sipping it the moment the finish started to fade. Suffice to say this cup didn’t last long.

Fingers crossed that I can get a second good steep out of these leaves.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Corn Husk, Malt, Sweet, Sweet Potatoes

glad you got a chance to go in :)

Ubacat

Give it a try a some lower temperatures and see what you think. 195 or 200.

Oh, the difference a minute or so can make! Generally, Tao’s Golden Yunnan has a rich, dark wood and fruitiness. It is a very good breakfast tea. Distracted and agitated this morning, walked off without watching the clock and now we have rained-on cowboy boots that have made one too many trips through the barnyard. (OK, I’m exaggerating a little, but it’s dark and strong!)

It’s just been that kind of week, and a strong sign that I should just rely on my can’t-mess-it-up teas until the weekend :)

albertocanfly

Love the rained on cowboy boots description! So adorable and pictorial! :]

gmathis

Aww…nobody’s called me adorable or pictorial in um, ever? That made my afternoon. Thanks!

albertocanfly

Well, it is true! Have a wonderful rest of your day! .