Lapsang Souchong

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Tavalon Tea

A traditional black tea with a distinctly smoky flavor and aroma, cured with Chinese pine wood.

Sommelier’s notes:
8 oz water (212F) | 1 tsp loose tea | steep 5 minutes
a manly man’s tea.

About Tavalon Tea View company

Tavalon's goal is not only to create the best tea blends the world has ever known, but also to cater these tea blends to the American palate. We aim to become a tea company for both tea connoisseurs and newcomers to the tea world, providing premium teas and accessories to a global audience.

Everyone needs to try this tea. (It reminds me a little of smoked fish.)

Marie

That totally reminds me of Thomas Keller’s French Laundry approach to food, except this would be tea. Who says tea needs to be sweet and creamy anyway? Why not fish? Why not beef? Why not car metal? I think the rabbit hole goes waay deep on this one. ;)

Cofftea

My 8th grade history teacher gave lectures at least weekly on how to get high by inhaling over a barrel of buring leaves. This is the drink version lol.

I made a big pot of this tea this morning. I just noticed that there was still 16 oz left! Of course it is no longer warm, so I put some honey and ice in it. It is excellent as an Ice Tea ! Once again, I brewed this tea at 1/2 tsp per 8 ozs of water. Yummmmmmmm !!