Persian Rose

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I feel like I made out like a bandit in my most recent swap with *Alphakitty* because I got sooo many samples of teas I wanted to try! I'm drowing in tea samples, and I'm very excited to try all of...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 1963 tasting notes

From Tay Tea

This is Nini’s signature tea, her first blend and her personal favorite. An absolute must for anyone in love with black tea…and roses. A nostalgic blend of ceylon bergamot scented tea blended with rose petals, organic rose buds, green cardamom and borage. This “little black dress” classic transitions effortlessly from morning to afternoon.

About Tay Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

1963 tasting notes

I feel like I made out like a bandit in my most recent swap with Alphakitty because I got sooo many samples of teas I wanted to try! I’m drowing in tea samples, and I’m very excited to try all of them.

I plucked this one out of the pile first because bergamot + rose = love, for me, and this blend also has cardamom and borage, which I didn’t know what it was at first but is apparently a mediterranean herb. I realized that I think I have seen this tea company at the NY Coffee and Tea Festival before, but I’ve never noticed this tea there I guess.

Steeped, it smells like a delightfully rosy Earl Grey. Unfortunately the taste is a little lackluster. As in, it doesn’t taste like much! The flavor isn’t very strong, and overall the tea really dries out your mouth and doesn’t really have even much of an aftertaste. I also get the impression that steeping it longer would just end in bitterness.

Oh well, thanks for the sample, Alphakitty! It’s good to know ahead of time since this company doesn’t sell small amounts of their teas. I will go back to savoring my Bergamot Rose Laoshan Black. :)

Alphakitty

I think this one suffers from age—I have been hoarding it for over a year, and the flavor has definitely toned down a lot.

Nik

I love drowning in samples!