Duchess' First Love

Black Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Tay Tea

Perfect for a crisp Autumn or Winter day, this creamy Earl Grey blended with herbal rooibos has sweet notes of caramel.

About Tay Tea View company

I’m completely new to tea reviewing (in fact, this is my very first review), but I’ll try to be specific about why I love this tea so much. I first bought some at a tea shop in Woodstock, NY… was incredibly sad when I ran out… and then incredibly relieved to find it for sale online. This tea has the perfect amount of sweetness and a lovely, subtle, caramel-y flavor. I’ve never added any sweetener—it doesn’t seem to need it—but you definitely could (maple syrup might actually be good, or raw sugar) to heighten the taste. Very delicious in the afternoon (it has a little caffeine, but not much, and I’m sensitive to caffeine after noon), and also wonderful iced.

Wasn’t my favorite tea, but it certainly wasn’t bad. The floral notes are a little strong, bt overall I enjoyed it.

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love the smell of this dry…very nutty and caramel. It’s making me crave creme brûlée. Steeped, it has a prominent caramel and Rooibos aroma. I generally like Rooibos but something about this blend leaves a slight perfume taste that is hard to ignore. I might have to try steeping it again…