Duchess' First Love

Black Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “I'm completely new to tea reviewing (in fact, this is my very first review), but I'll try to be specific about why I love this tea so much. I first bought some at a tea shop in Woodstock, NY......” Read full tasting note
    kcj7413 5 tasting notes
  • “Backlog: Revisiting this tea makes me miss Amoda! I really did enjoy getting their boxes each month. This was a lovely Earl Grey creme with an interesting twist - the addition of rooibos to...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4391 tasting notes
  • “*Cheri* sent me this from the *TEAlephone*. It's a pretty good chocolate rooibos tea, especially paired with a chocolately dessert. The chocolate flavoring is strong enough to leak out of the...” Read full tasting note
    KiwiDelight 125 tasting notes
  • “I’ve never seen a black tea/rooibos blend before. I’m intrigued! The dry leaf smells like caramel and citrus. I would almost say orange, but I know it’s not. The color of the brew is definitely...” Read full tasting note
    Kaylee 388 tasting notes

From Tay Tea

Perfect for a crisp Autumn or Winter day, this creamy Earl Grey blended with herbal rooibos has sweet notes of caramel.

About Tay Tea View company

I’m completely new to tea reviewing (in fact, this is my very first review), but I’ll try to be specific about why I love this tea so much. I first bought some at a tea shop in Woodstock, NY… was incredibly sad when I ran out… and then incredibly relieved to find it for sale online. This tea has the perfect amount of sweetness and a lovely, subtle, caramel-y flavor. I’ve never added any sweetener—it doesn’t seem to need it—but you definitely could (maple syrup might actually be good, or raw sugar) to heighten the taste. Very delicious in the afternoon (it has a little caffeine, but not much, and I’m sensitive to caffeine after noon), and also wonderful iced.

Backlog:

This was a lovely Earl Grey creme with an interesting twist – the addition of rooibos to the base and a hazelnut cream caramel flavor. A very memorable Earl Grey creme!

The dry leaf smells scrumptious – strong with notes of vanilla. The flavors work very well together in this blend. The bergamot has a pleasant tangy quality that is softened by the vanilla, and the caramel and hazelnut enhance each other very nicely to create a really decadent, dessert-like tea. It’s one of the more unusual twists to the classic Earl Grey that I’ve tasted, but it’s also one of the most indulgent! I really liked this.

Cheri sent me this from the TEAlephone. It’s a pretty good chocolate rooibos tea, especially paired with a chocolately dessert. The chocolate flavoring is strong enough to leak out of the baggie and outdo the woody base. It also has a roasted, borderline burnt, quality after the tea’s cooled a bit.

I’ve never seen a black tea/rooibos blend before. I’m intrigued! The dry leaf smells like caramel and citrus. I would almost say orange, but I know it’s not. The color of the brew is definitely orange, though. The rooibos is very assertive. Woody. It’s tempered by a hint of caramel and citrus. The citrus peeks out at the end of the sip. It’s a generic sort of citrus flavor. I wouldn’t know what it was if I didn’t read the label. The creaminess comes out in the aftertaste and lingers pleasantly long after the sip is over. Caramel builds up in the aftertaste as I near the bottom of the mug.

This tea is ok, but nothing special. I’ll probably get my dad to drink the rest.

Interesting! Not one I would have bought directly but it’s good. It’s only partially an EG with subtle bergamot notes and creamy caramel and rooibos woodiness. I think of creamy lemon custard even though that may all just be in my head!

It’s Friday, you guys! Friday!
(170)

Friday makes me sad…..

Cavocorax

Awww. No more vacation?

Last day, but man it was effing amazing!

Wasn’t my favorite tea, but it certainly wasn’t bad. The floral notes are a little strong, bt overall I enjoyed it.

3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I love the smell of this dry…very nutty and caramel. It’s making me crave creme brûlée. Steeped, it has a prominent caramel and Rooibos aroma. I generally like Rooibos but something about this blend leaves a slight perfume taste that is hard to ignore. I might have to try steeping it again…