Twiggy

Herbal Oolong Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I got an awesome Tay Tea sampler full of morning teas from my mother's friend for Christmas. I absolutely loved every single one of them (especially the Kyoto) and I just had to review them!...” Read full tasting note
    AndreaLion 8 tasting notes

From Tay Tea

This organic aged oolong is loved for it’s complex and refined taste as well as its ability to reduce cholesterol and aid in weight loss. Paired with chrysanthemum flowers (known to relieve tension headaches) this is the perfect spa tea. [USDA ORGANIC]

About Tay Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

I got an awesome Tay Tea sampler full of morning teas from my mother’s friend for Christmas. I absolutely loved every single one of them (especially the Kyoto) and I just had to review them! Although I had never heard of this company before, it is fast becoming one of my new faves.

Dry: Nice, full, beautifully curled leaves. The flowers make it aesthetically pretty.

Liquor:
1st Steep: Gold
2nd Steep: Gold-Yellow
3rd Steep: Yellow

Flavor: Smoky, full-bodied, smooth

Notes: This tea is absolutely wonderful! It has that wonderful smoky flavor that you is usually expected with most Oolongs, but what it was missing was what truly made this a new fave. I’ve found it hard to find Oolongs that aren’t bitter and have sharp aftertastes, but this one was VERY smooth (I think maybe because of the chrysanthemum flowers). The 2nd and 3rd steeping were a little weaker but heavy enough to still be delicious. The roasted taste made this tea a wonderful tea to start a cold winter morning. Overall, I would definitely recommend everyone give this one a try.