Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I tend to dislike cherry flavoring in things--they remind me of all the cough syrup I had to drink as child, so I associate cherry with medicine. However, I've found that cherry in teas is usually...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes

From Tay Tea

A Japanese green sencha with cherry blossom rose petals. Delicate and high in antioxidants. Gorgeous to behold and delicious to drink.

About Tay Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

I tend to dislike cherry flavoring in things—they remind me of all the cough syrup I had to drink as child, so I associate cherry with medicine. However, I’ve found that cherry in teas is usually pretty natural-tasting if it’s done right, and this is definitely one of those instances!

Tay is a small company in upstate NY where my aunt lives, and when she picked this up for me I was a little skeptical at first—the scent of the dry leaves is a little fake-cherry. But brewed, it’s fantastic and really not overly fruity at all. The light, airy cherry petals come through and mix perfectly with the rose. Neither is overpowering, and the green base comes through well. It’s nutty and grassy, the perfect compliment for a perfumey, lightly fruity blend. It’s also one of the few “fruit” teas I enjoy hot as much as iced.