Wild Woman

Black Fruit Herbal Blend
Astringent, Bitter, Blueberry, Jam
Edit tea info Last updated by Janefan

From Tay Tea

An organic high-grown Ceylon tea with wild blueberries, black currants, hibiscus, elderberries and corn flower petals. One heavenly sip of this tea is enough to make you go wild! A perfect tea to wake up to

About Tay Tea View company

This is one of the teas from the December Amoda box and when I opened the package, I immediately got a whiff of the juicy berry flavoring in the tea. It was amazing and as the tea steeped, the smell just got stronger. It was so familiar and so delectable but I could not place it…until I took my first sip. It tasted much like DAVIDs Blueberry Jam. It is not as jammy as that tea though due to (1) the addition of hibiscus which is quelling the sweetness and (2) the lack of stevia sweetener also leading to less sweetness. Instead, it is weaker and more like indulging in a bowl of berries. Tasty but not something I must have again.

Backlog:

from my December Amoda Teas box.

I wasn’t too excited to see that there was hibiscus in this blend. Hibiscus … ugh. I dislike this herb. I wish more tea companies would just say no to hibiscus.

Fortunately, the hibiscus is light here. It doesn’t add too much tartness nor does it add to the texture (I’m not getting that thick, syrupy ick from hibiscus here).

This is actually pretty tasty, a really nice berry tea. The blueberry is the top note. I get sweetness from the blueberry and a hint of tart. The currant gives this a slight wine-like note. I liked this cold too.

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/12/29/wild-woman-black-tea-blend-from-tay-tea/

This one also came from the December Amoda box. I have to say, for some reason it seems like blueberry teas get the brunt of the hibiscus abuse. And that makes me sad, because I love blueberry, but I hate hibiscus. Hopefully it plays a small role here. The dry tea reminds me of a very specific blueberry-flavored something, unfortunately I can’t think of what it is. It’s a very sweet and jammy blueberry smell.

Unfortunately, I can already smell the hibiscus tartness in the steeped cup. Why must they do this to me? This has a much milder flavor than I expected. And the flavor is actually quite lovely, mostly (fresh) blueberry with no real tartness. However, it’s a teeny bit bitter even though I only steeped for 3 minutes, and other than that the base doesn’t taste like much. Also, a touch of astringency is showing itself already. I do enjoy the depth that the elderberries and currants add to the blueberry.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter, Blueberry, Jam