Yorkshire Gold Bags

Edit tea info Last updated by Barb

• “Friday Apr. 8, 2011 2nd Steep of the Day My wife wanted some Yorkshire Gold but likes it LITE. So she steeped a POT and Read full tasting note
    truckie442 365 tasting notes
  • “Now, THIS is what I wish I had been brought up on instead of Lipton. I’m thinking maybe it just wasn’t imported to the States for many years —...” Read full tasting note
    mamamiau 123 tasting notes
  • “Smooth as a velvet… mellow as gold. It’s hard to decide weather I should brew Clipper or this treasure now…” Read full tasting note
    bsabaric 36 tasting notes
  • “OK, this tastes a bit more mellow than the Yorkshire "red"…and surprisingly makes a much better cup. I prefer my tea strong, but this was a nice change of pace. A Read full tasting note
    TimmyA9433 16 tasting notes

From Taylors of Harrogate

Yorkshire Gold Tea is a blend of some of the world’s finest teas from countries such as India, Sri Lanka and Africa,
and has a rich, refreshing taste.
It makes a rich brown liquid with a malty taste. This is a very popular English Breakfast type tea, and makes a stronger tea best enjoyed with milk and sugar to taste.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

Friday Apr. 8, 2011
2nd Steep of the Day
My wife wanted some Yorkshire Gold but likes it LITE.
So she steeped a POT and ADDED a FRESH SLICE of LEMON.
Her SHORT 45 SECOND Steep with the added Lemon was Very Pleasant.
But I Like a Good BOLD Strong Steep.
So Going for the BLACK Currant NEXT
Keep On Steepin

Now, THIS is what I wish I had been brought up on instead of Lipton. I’m thinking maybe it just wasn’t imported to the States for many years — otherwise, my Anglophile grandmother would certainly have insisted upon it despite living in the deep south.

So glad I picked up somewhere that I shouldn’t over-steep. I think I steeped only about 3 min., added half-and-half but no sugar. Now I understand what malty means.

I have been drinking wimp teas for breakfast. Not that those others aren’t lovely, and I won’t be able to drink this stuff every morning, but I’m definitely keeping it on hand at work and at home for those mornings when I just need to get over myself and buckle down!

OK, this tastes a bit more mellow than the Yorkshire “red”…and surprisingly makes a much better cup. I prefer my tea strong, but this was a nice change of pace.

A VERY good backup for my everyday tea PG Tips.

I absolutely adore this tea. I tried it when I first visited England in October 2010, and now it’s my daily cuppa. It is quite strong, but the flavour is rich and satisfying.

Do not over steep, or this tea will taste like cheese. Actually it kinda tastes like cheese anyways, but it’s good enough you kinda ignore it. It is a delicious tea, but very strong if overbrewed, and it turns bitter easily. It’s very strong and has a lot of caffeine, and will stain anything you put it on. But it’s awesome tasting and fairly cheap, so it’s worth it.

A strong dark tea that does seem to go well with breakfast. Not overly bitter. Current box does not have the bright sweet notes that our previous box had, which I think I liked a bit better. Have drunk it plain so far, but will try it with milk and sugar.

I was hoping for PG Tips, which is what all the British ladies in the Daughters of the British Empire meetings drink, but found none when I went to the store, so I bought this. I hated it at first because I was steeping it far too long. Luckily one of the aforementioned ladies taught me never to go over three minutes with it and it went from being awful to a nice cuppa with milk and sugar.

My favorite tea… Every morning I drank it, it felt great. It gave me the buzz I needed and made me very happy.

Then, it happened. Cheapening. Couldn’t believe it. MY YORKSHIRE? YORKSHIRE GOLD? LOWER QUALITY? Sadly, this is true.
I told myself, “it can’t be, no it can’t be.” And denied it. But, all good things come to an end.

Yorkshire, my love, you filled me with unimaginable happiness. You made me smile with every sip.
Now, you only make me tired.

Goodbye, Yorkshire, my dear. I knew you well.

Theatrics aside, flavour is flat, doesn’t have the kick, bags are much lower quality.
It just tastes bleh. I’ve moved to Tapal Danedar because its just so much smoother with the caffeine of Yorkshire.

This is one of my all time favourite black teas. Have to have a cup of this with breakfast.