Bitter, Fishy, Astringent, Malt, Smooth, Toast, Wood
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Taylors of Harrogate

A proper brew. Pure and simple. To give our blend its refreshing flavour, strength and colour we use top quality Assam and African teas. In the tea trade we’re renowned for paying more to get the pick of the crop. Our experts travel the world to find the people who grow the best teas, which we then blend together using our secret recipe to create a traditional, satisfying brew.

Ingredients: Black tea

Brewing Instructions
100°C / 4-5 mins

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

A malty, full-bodied brew, this tea is everything a good English tea is supposed to be! Taylors of Harrogate didn’t scrimp on the amount of tea in each tea bag, and the combination of Assam and African tea leaves is so expertly blended that the result is the best tasting bagged black tea I could hope for. It is strong (which I prefer) and rich and flavorful, transmitting the mind to a cozy British fireside or a cottage table after a hearty meal (I tend to feel like Lucy having tea with the Beavers in ‘The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe’ :) I have no complaints about this tea other than that it isn’t organic. It’s perfect for breakfast or the afternoon. Great for any season, this wonderful, steaming warm brown brew is especially nice in the winter. Enjoy!

Strong, tasty, with a wonderful aftertaste

Bought a great little sample box of 10 teabags at Gene’s Sausages (important, since this is an excellent deli, and I don’t want to forget where I found this). Made 5 bags in one coffee carafe full of water. Can’t have too much caffeine, so did not brew as long or strong as I might have, especially having read other reviews of it being strong . Even kind of weakly brewed, this has an assertive presence, which I like in my black teas. Sometime when I haven’t been plagued by muscle cramps, I’ll have a cup made more strongly, since taste-wise I do prefer that, and can tell this will suit very nicely.

I drink this tea every morning and absolutely love it. I’m quite picky when it comes to black teas and really enjoy the blend of flavours in this tea. I wish it was available in larger boxes here in Canada, but I got a 240 bag box whilst in England this past summer and have already finished half of it by myself in less than five months. The perfect tea for a proper brew!

I lowered the time and temperature on this one, plus added way more honey and cream than should be necessary, and it’s still just bitter. It’s also a little astringent but that’s not bothering me so much. It’s growing on me about halfway through the cup.

Second Steep
8 ounces water + 195 degrees + 18 minutes

This makes for a good second cup. I’m not sure I should push it for a third, but this one is satisfying.

Flavors: Astringent, Bitter

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Strongest black tea I’ve been able to find so far. Great with milk and sugar.

I tried brewing this tea as I would any American tea. Wrong! I learned how tannic and strong this tea was and have since mended my ways. A hearty tea- I prefer in the afternoon with milk.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

One of my favorite breakfast teas (with milk and sweetener). Strong, flavorful, a little malty.

Whoa. This is definitely the strongest tea I have ever tried. Robust and reviving, it is a lovely rich red as your pour and brews to a seriously deep burgundy after just a few seconds. The smell of the dry tea leaves is quite intoxicating; it’s almost as enjoyable as final brew.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I had to be at work before 7 AM today, so after arriving at 6:40AM to the office (an ungodly hour to be at work in), I decided that I needed a brew. Problem: cup needed washing but the kitchenette was locked, no time for proper brew-basket brewing, and I was in dire need of something POWERFUL.
Solution: Yorkshire Tea in teabags.
This is my emergency tea stash, for emergencies such as these. I had a bit of milk left over in the fridge, some hot water from the “water bar” (which does not boil water to 100 C, I know for a fact. Boo), and a paper cup of happiness kept me company as I sleepily poked at the keyboard.