Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Stuart Wood

From Taylors of Harrogate

A proper tasting cuppa. Pure and simple.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

A malty, full-bodied brew, this tea is everything a good English tea is supposed to be! Taylors of Harrogate didn’t scrimp on the amount of tea in each tea bag, and the combination of Assam and African tea leaves is so expertly blended that the result is the best tasting bagged black tea I could hope for. It is strong (which I prefer) and rich and flavorful, transmitting the mind to a cozy British fireside or a cottage table after a hearty meal (I tend to feel like Lucy having tea with the Beavers in ‘The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe’ :) I have no complaints about this tea other than that it isn’t organic. It’s perfect for breakfast or the afternoon. Great for any season, this wonderful, steaming warm brown brew is especially nice in the winter. Enjoy!

Strong, tasty, with a wonderful aftertaste

Whoa. This is definitely the strongest tea I have ever tried. Robust and reviving, it is a lovely rich red as your pour and brews to a seriously deep burgundy after just a few seconds. The smell of the dry tea leaves is quite intoxicating; it’s almost as enjoyable as final brew.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I had to be at work before 7 AM today, so after arriving at 6:40AM to the office (an ungodly hour to be at work in), I decided that I needed a brew. Problem: cup needed washing but the kitchenette was locked, no time for proper brew-basket brewing, and I was in dire need of something POWERFUL.
Solution: Yorkshire Tea in teabags.
This is my emergency tea stash, for emergencies such as these. I had a bit of milk left over in the fridge, some hot water from the “water bar” (which does not boil water to 100 C, I know for a fact. Boo), and a paper cup of happiness kept me company as I sleepily poked at the keyboard.
Bliss!

There is currently a box of plain old Yorkshire Tea and a box of Yorkshire Gold Tea in my kitchen. I haven’t tried them nose-to-nose yet, but I had Gold yesterday and Plain Old today. Plain Old may be winning. I steeped both tumblers obnoxiously strong; Gold is sharper and pointier; Plain Old has more going on in the bass/baritone region. How’s that for mixed metaphors?

Both suitable for groggy Mondays and Monday reruns.

Terri HarpLady

So you could combine them in a tea pot & get the best of both worlds then? :)

gmathis

I was thinking I might try that this weekend—two side-by-side cups, then dump in a pot in the warmer for the rest of the day.

My favourite everyday bog standard tea. Brews dark and strong. Makes for a satisfying mug of tea.

2087 tasting notes

Another tea I apparently didn’t log last night. Anyways, thank you Nattie for sharing but this just wasn’t for me. I tried it both with and without milk and neither really appealed to me much. Instead, it reminded me of the plain tea my great aunt and uncle from Britain make me drink and I am just not a fan.

This is my go-to tea for a quick brew! It’s smooth and pairs well with any food. This has been a staple in my family with my great grandmother making it for my mother and my mother making it for me. I have been drinking this tea for about 10 years now before it was available in Canadian chain markets. I have both loose leaf and tea bags and I enjoy both. However, this is a strong tea so less is definitely more. I usually put one tea bag in a small teapot and steep it for 4-ish minutes and it’s strong enough for me. The downside to this tea is that I find that the caffeine content super high and I get jittery after only a couple of tea cups.
I have converted coffee drinkers to tea drinkers using Yorkshire Tea!

Flavors: Smooth

very solid british black tea

use milk and sugar. or not. whatever is good