Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by Stuart Wood

From Taylors of Harrogate

A proper tasting cuppa. Pure and simple.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

A malty, full-bodied brew, this tea is everything a good English tea is supposed to be! Taylors of Harrogate didn’t scrimp on the amount of tea in each tea bag, and the combination of Assam and African tea leaves is so expertly blended that the result is the best tasting bagged black tea I could hope for. It is strong (which I prefer) and rich and flavorful, transmitting the mind to a cozy British fireside or a cottage table after a hearty meal (I tend to feel like Lucy having tea with the Beavers in ‘The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe’ :) I have no complaints about this tea other than that it isn’t organic. It’s perfect for breakfast or the afternoon. Great for any season, this wonderful, steaming warm brown brew is especially nice in the winter. Enjoy!

Strong, tasty, with a wonderful aftertaste

Strongest black tea I’ve been able to find so far. Great with milk and sugar.

I tried brewing this tea as I would any American tea. Wrong! I learned how tannic and strong this tea was and have since mended my ways. A hearty tea- I prefer in the afternoon with milk.

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML

One of my favorite breakfast teas (with milk and sweetener). Strong, flavorful, a little malty.

Captain’s Log: Day 5 of Terrible Illness, Day 5 of miserable limping, and Day 3 of antibiotics. I have dumped 3 cups of tea, and can’t even bring myself to mourn their losses, because they tasted absolutely vile. I can’t taste much, and when I can, I have to fight my gag reflex. Even Hot Cinnamon Spice went down the drain because it smelled overwhelmingly like toothpaste and had a taste not unlike cough syrup. Thankfully, Yorkshire is good for any and all occasions, and can even be endured by wildly changing, drugged up tastes. I wouldn’t say it’s making me feel better—raises eyebrow at antibiotics—but it IS just what I needed. Definitely my favourite bagged-black for a reason.

Maddy Barone

I feel your pain! (sickness-wise, at least) I’m on my last day of levaquin. Evil stuff. Hope you feel better soon!

sweetea

This winter has been VICIOUS, right???

Maddy Barone

What I wouldn’t give to breathe clearly through my nose! LOL

Whoa. This is definitely the strongest tea I have ever tried. Robust and reviving, it is a lovely rich red as your pour and brews to a seriously deep burgundy after just a few seconds. The smell of the dry tea leaves is quite intoxicating; it’s almost as enjoyable as final brew.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 300 ML

I had to be at work before 7 AM today, so after arriving at 6:40AM to the office (an ungodly hour to be at work in), I decided that I needed a brew. Problem: cup needed washing but the kitchenette was locked, no time for proper brew-basket brewing, and I was in dire need of something POWERFUL.
Solution: Yorkshire Tea in teabags.
This is my emergency tea stash, for emergencies such as these. I had a bit of milk left over in the fridge, some hot water from the “water bar” (which does not boil water to 100 C, I know for a fact. Boo), and a paper cup of happiness kept me company as I sleepily poked at the keyboard.
Bliss!

There is currently a box of plain old Yorkshire Tea and a box of Yorkshire Gold Tea in my kitchen. I haven’t tried them nose-to-nose yet, but I had Gold yesterday and Plain Old today. Plain Old may be winning. I steeped both tumblers obnoxiously strong; Gold is sharper and pointier; Plain Old has more going on in the bass/baritone region. How’s that for mixed metaphors?

Both suitable for groggy Mondays and Monday reruns.

Terri HarpLady

So you could combine them in a tea pot & get the best of both worlds then? :)

gmathis

I was thinking I might try that this weekend—two side-by-side cups, then dump in a pot in the warmer for the rest of the day.

My favourite everyday bog standard tea. Brews dark and strong. Makes for a satisfying mug of tea.