Ntingwe Kwazulu

High
Edit tea info Last updated by nicklong

• “One of those what were you thinking mornings for me. There was more leaf here than I intended to use. This isn't bitter but it is quite stout. Over leafing removes this from any resemblance to...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1358 tasting notes
  • “I tried this again this morning because I was knocked out for some reason. Needed something to wake me up! I didn't use a full teaspoon for this infusion, since I really want to save the bit I...” Read full tasting note
    Tea Sipper 1453 tasting notes
  • “The first thing that I noticed when I opened my 1-kg bag of this (via Amazon) was how tiny the CTC leaf pieces were. They are _so_ tiny! I can't even steep it in my Beehouse teapot, whose filter...” Read full tasting note
    Harfatum 59 tasting notes
  • “_(moving note from 5 days ago to this listing now that I know who makes it )_ tried to drink this in honor of the World Cup. WAY oversteeped it (It is very fine, almost like coffee grounds, and...” Read full tasting note
    janefan 2523 tasting notes

From Taylors of Harrogate

This tea has a fresh, brisk flavour and a bright liquor. A full-bodied strong tea from Kwazulu-Natal in South Africa.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

My #1 pick. I’ve experimented with all different preparation methods and have enjoyed them all.

I am a huge fan of this tea! It has a hint of black tea taste but it is very bold. If you are looking for a tea to replace coffee, this one is a strong contender. If you aren’t a fan of strong teas, you should lower the steeping time or cut it with something.

found this in a specialty tea shop in Pennsylvania and gave it a go…used coconut creamer and added some sugar (a little less for the 2nd steeping) for the first 2 steepings and it was excellent as a morning tea…tried a third steeping to see how it would taste and tasted before adding anything and it gave a nice sugarless/creamerless brew…really love it!

A great breakfast tea – strong enough to hold its own with milk or without. Not overly bitter, but a fresh, bright morning flavour and a grand way to start the day or pick yourself up mid-morning.

my first steepster tasting note. after more than a decade of marriage and bagged twinings EB by the cup, i am branching out and it turns out that with tea, i really am easy to please. cannot claim a favorite tea blend just yet, but i am convinced this will remain high on my list. the flavors in this tea are elusive; or i am just not very discerning. in any event, my first cup this morning was just about perfect and the second cup, still steeping in the pot was also pretty good. yes, there is an aftertaste with this tea, but that flavor is what keeps me reaching for my cup. there was a less flavorful aftertaste with the third cup, but you would be less so too after 30 minutes in boiling water. this is probably important: i always drink with whole milk and 2 spoons of sugar and i also keep my steeping teapot covered while drinking.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 4 tsp 45 OZ / 1330 ML

Very strong taste, robust caffeine.

Not a light, but pleasant tea from South Africa. It has an assamic flavour, and a light sweetness. One can notice maybe spices, cocoa flavour. Nice for after lunch.

I seriously have no idea what the heck this is. Acrid, tastes like rich dirt. Smells interesting though. Second time I brewed it “weak” and it was still way too strong.

I love it’s the fresh taste and strong vivid color!

Drank this at Betty’s in Ilkley. It tastes fresh and light, very little bitterness to it.

Boiling