Spiced Christmas Leaf Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Patrick G

From Taylors of Harrogate

This tea was created by Taylors’ master tea blenders especially for the Yuletide season, but has proved to be popular all year round. It is a blend of black China teas, with tangy lemon peels, fruity orange peels, cinnamon and safflower petals that give it a truly special flavor that warms the soul on cold winter days. A warm and spicy tea, it is best drunk without milk, although adding honey can enhance the taste even more.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

Too much water.
That is what my doctor after numerous visits decided was why I am anemic and lacking iron and other minerals in my body.
And sadly, I have one of those smart doctor’s, who knew that I drank tea and knew that it is not a dehydrating as soda or coffee.
Plus, that I still drink a fair amount of water in a day.
So, he decided that all the minerals were getting flushed out of my body.
He told me to cut back to my total amount of water (tea included) to 3 quarts a day.
Drat.
Then this last weekend, I finally got that horrid flu thing that has been going around (probably because I have been in the doctor’s office so much)
Which, weirdly enough, the flu did not bother me as much as cutting back on my tea consumption.
I just can’t believe it, most Americans do not drink enough and are constantly dehydrated, but me…no.
Anyway, I really wanted a Chai tea this morning, since I am still drippy, coughy and achy.
Chai always hits the spot.
But, alas, I am totally out of Chai tea!
How did I let this happen!?
I remembered this tea that I received in food basket at Christmas.
I was so surprised when I pulled this out of the basket, especially since its loose leaf. Most gift teas are bags.
But, I was glad!
Anyway, on to the tea.
Orangey black tea is the first aroma, slightly robust smelling.
A real orange smell, not bergomonty.
Then, the spices emerge, cloves and cinnamon.
Taste is orange and spicy.
The black tea taste not as strong as it smelled
This is not a chai. Does not even resemble one, but it is hot and slightly spicy.
I do not consider it a waste of my alloted tea water for the day.
I tried to log on a couple times last week but each time, steepster must have been having some problems.
Glad to see you all are still here:)

Ellyn

I don’t know what I would do if my water/fluid intake was limited!!!!!! Good luck!

Hesper June

Thank you! I am going to need it!

ashmanra

Wow! I am constantly anemic, and it runs in the family. My doctor thinks it is some sort of genetic problem, possibly an atypical celiac disease in which the only symptom is malabsorption of minerals. Ah well. I keep taking that iron pill, and it makes hubby really eager to buy me steak! :)

It’s not the holiday season without this spiced blend. I prefer this to other spiced teas because of it’s fragrant tanginess. Like others have said, it’s almost chai-like quality will keep you warm all winter long.

This is by and far the nicest holiday spice tea I’ve ever had. If Christmas had a taste, this would be it!

this is a very nice winter tea … light but warming. best made in a glass pot so you can also admire the pretty orange peel pieces and flowers.