Special Rare Assam Doomur Dulling

Edit tea info Last updated by Marshall
Iced 7 min, 0 sec 16 oz / 473 ml

• “I have always disliked this tea when brewed hot. It seems no matter how short the steep time, it always comes out bitter and tannic. This time, I tried a cold steep. I steeped it in the fridge for...” Read full tasting note
    auroravioletta 23 tasting notes
  • “Rather unexpectedly, I found this at Whole Foods. It's not as spectacular as the other Assams I currently have in my cupboard, but it's got a kind of soft, sweet raisin note that's very pleasant...” Read full tasting note
    irisbleufic 87 tasting notes

From Taylors of Harrogate

Assam is a seasonal tea. We buy only the finest orthodox leaf tea from the top tea estates in Assam: teas made using the orthodox manufacture are rolled, giving the leaf an attractive, twisted appearance and the liquor a smooth, mellow finish. This is a full-bodied, malty tea which is perfect for kick-starting your day.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

I have always disliked this tea when brewed hot. It seems no matter how short the steep time, it always comes out bitter and tannic. This time, I tried a cold steep. I steeped it in the fridge for 23 hours, and it came out very pleasant. There was a very slight tannic aftertaste at the bottom of the glass, but overall no bitterness in the cup. I won’t be buying this tea again, but I think I can be happy using up the rest this way, especially come summer.

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Rather unexpectedly, I found this at Whole Foods. It’s not as spectacular as the other Assams I currently have in my cupboard, but it’s got a kind of soft, sweet raisin note that’s very pleasant when sweetened with a light honey. A nice evening tea.