Tea Room Blend Leaf Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by crdaley

• “A breakfast-style cut loose-leaf tea. The flavor is good, but there isn't anything that really stands out about this tea either - let's say that I am not anticipating another cup as soon as I am...” Read full tasting note
    extrarice 259 tasting notes
  • “First off, this tea probably shouldn't be sold loose. The tea isn't whole leaf, instead there are a bunch of very small pellets of tea in the tin. I thought maybe they were just rolled leaves,...” Read full tasting note
    crdaley 7 tasting notes
  • “i have enjoyed this tea quite a bit. cannot say i enjoy the super small pieces that seep through the infuser, but i do enjoy the tea. edit: unfortunately, the product i received seems to be going...” Read full tasting note
    idrinktea 7 tasting notes
  • “I am a determined person. If I have something, even if I don't care for it, I am determined to finish it, rather than throw I out. This is, of course, somewhat nuts. I should be alright throwing...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 834 tasting notes

From Taylors of Harrogate

In India each tea garden has its own special blend, traditionally known as ‘bungalow tea’, which is served to visitors. This inspired our blenders to create a Taylors signature tea, using top quality teas from India and Africa to give this blend a rich, full-bodied and deeply satisfying taste.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

A breakfast-style cut loose-leaf tea. The flavor is good, but there isn’t anything that really stands out about this tea either – let’s say that I am not anticipating another cup as soon as I am finished with the one I have. Still, a serviceable tea that is better than some others.

First off, this tea probably shouldn’t be sold loose. The tea isn’t whole leaf, instead there are a bunch of very small pellets of tea in the tin. I thought maybe they were just rolled leaves, but when I measure out a teaspoon I get a lot of fine tea-dust (to clog up whatever I steep in). I put the tea in a tea-ball and shook the ball and I got about 1/4 teaspoon of tea-dust falling out of it.

The aroma is quite nice before but the final taste leaves a lot to be desired. The tea is rather bitter, almost sour, and not a lot else. I was expecting more flavor from the smell, but there’s really nothing else going on here.

Angrboda

African teas are almost always CTC, so that’s probably why it looks like fannings.

i have enjoyed this tea quite a bit. cannot say i enjoy the super small pieces that seep through the infuser, but i do enjoy the tea. edit: unfortunately, the product i received seems to be going stale a little faster than i am happy with so i may not buy this one again.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 45 OZ / 1330 ML

I am a determined person. If I have something, even if I don’t care for it, I am determined to finish it, rather than throw I out. This is, of course, somewhat nuts. I should be alright throwing out lipstick colors that are too bright, stop reading books I hate, and move along teas that I don’t like, but instead I grit my teeth and go “I will make this work. I will use it up. Argh!”
Which is, of course, bonkers.
However, that has not stopped me from trying to sip this down. I’m close! I will feel triumphant on my last pot of this.
Unfortunatly, that is not today.

gmathis

I feel your persistence angst. It annoys me immensely not to like a book, a tea, or a piece of clothing that you can’t groove with after you brought it home :) (I’m finally learning to close books I don’t like.)

The tea is cut and granular and so doesn’t look like most loose leaf teas. It has a strong aroma, and makes a good, full-bodied brew after just two minutes of brewing (with boiling water in a pre-heated teapot). The label says it’s a mix of Indian and African teas, but it tastes like a classic Ceylon tea, similar to Lipton “Brisk” tea.

Not too bad!