Tea Room Blend Leaf Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by crdaley

• “A breakfast-style cut loose-leaf tea. The flavor is good, but there isn't anything that really stands out about this tea either - let's say that I am not anticipating another cup as soon as I am...” Read full tasting note
    extrarice 259 tasting notes
  • “First off, this tea probably shouldn't be sold loose. The tea isn't whole leaf, instead there are a bunch of very small pellets of tea in the tin. I thought maybe they were just rolled leaves,...” Read full tasting note
    crdaley 7 tasting notes
  • “i have enjoyed this tea quite a bit. cannot say i enjoy the super small pieces that seep through the infuser, but i do enjoy the tea. edit: unfortunately, the product i received seems to be going...” Read full tasting note
    idrinktea 7 tasting notes
  • “For my fellow tea drinkers in the U.S. Happy 4th of July! I'm going to hunt down the best thrift store sales in the area, do my writing, and then go to visit my family and have the annual bbq. And...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 804 tasting notes

From Taylors of Harrogate

In India each tea garden has its own special blend, traditionally known as ‘bungalow tea’, which is served to visitors. This inspired our blenders to create a Taylors signature tea, using top quality teas from India and Africa to give this blend a rich, full-bodied and deeply satisfying taste.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

A breakfast-style cut loose-leaf tea. The flavor is good, but there isn’t anything that really stands out about this tea either – let’s say that I am not anticipating another cup as soon as I am finished with the one I have. Still, a serviceable tea that is better than some others.

First off, this tea probably shouldn’t be sold loose. The tea isn’t whole leaf, instead there are a bunch of very small pellets of tea in the tin. I thought maybe they were just rolled leaves, but when I measure out a teaspoon I get a lot of fine tea-dust (to clog up whatever I steep in). I put the tea in a tea-ball and shook the ball and I got about 1/4 teaspoon of tea-dust falling out of it.

The aroma is quite nice before but the final taste leaves a lot to be desired. The tea is rather bitter, almost sour, and not a lot else. I was expecting more flavor from the smell, but there’s really nothing else going on here.

Angrboda

African teas are almost always CTC, so that’s probably why it looks like fannings.

i have enjoyed this tea quite a bit. cannot say i enjoy the super small pieces that seep through the infuser, but i do enjoy the tea. edit: unfortunately, the product i received seems to be going stale a little faster than i am happy with so i may not buy this one again.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 45 OZ / 1330 ML

For my fellow tea drinkers in the U.S. Happy 4th of July! I’m going to hunt down the best thrift store sales in the area, do my writing, and then go to visit my family and have the annual bbq.
And no work! Thats always a good thing.
Hopefully I shall have several cups of tea as well.

gmathis

Sounds lovely! You’ll have to report on your thrifty finds!

The tea is cut and granular and so doesn’t look like most loose leaf teas. It has a strong aroma, and makes a good, full-bodied brew after just two minutes of brewing (with boiling water in a pre-heated teapot). The label says it’s a mix of Indian and African teas, but it tastes like a classic Ceylon tea, similar to Lipton “Brisk” tea.

Not too bad!