English Breakfast Tea (bags)

Edit tea info Last updated by S

• “Today is day 16 of my sipdown extravaganza, with only 5 more sipdowns to go to reach my goal of 100 sipdowns, but I spent the day at the Ritz Carlton, away from my tea collection. I had to set up...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2859 tasting notes
  • “This is the black tea provided where I stayed with *Kaliska* during Dragon*Con, at the Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta. I took it with me, and am just now giving it a taste. It smelled promising when I...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 467 tasting notes
  • “Who knows where this bag came from? It's in my work stash...so quite possibly, one of my coworkers tucked it in there, but when it happened, I'll probably never know. It's actually pretty darn...” Read full tasting note
    Madmama 902 tasting notes
  • “Had this from a hotel room I'd stayed in a year and a half ago, so I figured it was about time I drank it. It was my first cup of the day, which is usually not conducive to a clear-headed tasting &...” Read full tasting note
    adagio breeze 96 tasting notes

From Taylors of Harrogate

This much-loved classic is our special blend of teas from two of the world’s most famous tea growing countries, India and Africa. The taste is full-bodied, rich and refreshing, with a bright, inviting colour, making it the ideal tea for enjoying not just at breakfast time, but also at any time of the day.

About Taylors of Harrogate View company

Today is day 16 of my sipdown extravaganza, with only 5 more sipdowns to go to reach my goal of 100 sipdowns, but I spent the day at the Ritz Carlton, away from my tea collection. I had to set up pretty early from the Bridal show, with a couple of hours to kill, so like last year, I treated myself to breakfast. Sadly, this year the food was disappointing, & the service was even worse. This is the tea they serve, & it was ok. Not a bad cup, but no real character to it. I drank 2 pots. It took 10 minutes for the first pot to arrive at my table, & I have no idea how long it had been steeped. It took even longer to get the 2nd pot.

This is the black tea provided where I stayed with Kaliska during Dragon*Con, at the Ritz-Carlton in Atlanta. I took it with me, and am just now giving it a taste.

It smelled promising when I took the bag out of the packet and sniffed. Like a strong, clean tea. Upon tasting, it has a nice malty, almost savory taste that lingers in my mouth. It’s pleasant and smooth, but unremarkable. Not the best black bagged tea I’ve had, but there’s not really anything wrong with it.

The packet said that it’s a blend from India and Africa, but it tastes like a plain old Assam to me.

Who knows where this bag came from? It’s in my work stash…so quite possibly, one of my coworkers tucked it in there, but when it happened, I’ll probably never know.

It’s actually pretty darn good! Usually I like my bagged black teas flavored, but this is one that I could readily drink. In fact, this cup has went rather quickly. Don’t know if I’ll pick a box up if I see it, but definitely would drink it at hotels/restaurants if it were available.

Had this from a hotel room I’d stayed in a year and a half ago, so I figured it was about time I drank it. It was my first cup of the day, which is usually not conducive to a clear-headed tasting & review (even the “gently pull tab to release string” gave me problems). Brewed up it had a tangy astringency that was still present after 1 teaspoon of sugar was added. I drank it with my morning toast and didn’t add milk until I was almost at the bottom of the cup.

In sum: I drank this and thought it was decent but wasn’t paying enough attention to really say anything about it.

I brewed this a minute under the recommended range at 3 minutes instead of the suggested 4 to 5. A stronger tea that is a bit malty but not bitter which is not bad considering the low hopes that I had for these teabags which I only have because they were a gift.

Boiling 8 min or more

I hadn’t heard of this brand until this week when my wife got me some. I drink a lot of English Breakfast tea and I was pleasantly surprised…it has a great taste which I in some ways find more pleasant than the Twinings kind. Looking forward to many more cups of this tea.

Left a bitter taste on my tongue so that all sips afterward (even with milk and sugar) tasted strange. Very astringent and not as good as Twinings. Can’t even imagine drinking this unadulerated.