Awake™ Full Leaf Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Harfatum

From Tazo Tea

A breakfast tea of boldness, depth and character, invigorating any time of day.

You hold in your hand a finely balanced, full-leaf blend of bold, malty teas from India and bright, flavorful teas from Sri Lanka. You’ll find TAZO® AWAKE™ to be more nuanced and flavorful than your typical breakfast tea. Tea shamans also believe it to be useful in remembering what “nuanced” means first thing in the morning.

Ingredients: a blend of black teas.

About Tazo Tea View company

Had this served from Starbucks. Smelled pretty good, but the taste just wasn’t my thing. Didn’t care for the bold bitterness. I don’t drink tea for bitterness, I drink coffee for that.

I am drinking the flat bag variety so I will not be too harsh on this. It’s a good breakfast tea. It sure has an accurate name, it’s a great tea to brew as soon as I get to work, wakes you up great. It’s a plenty bitter, but I am way oversteeping it so it’d be silly to blame it on the tea itself. But I like this intense boldness of flavor, after all it leaves a great after taste. As far as bagged teas go, this one is a keeper (and it’s not the first time I refresh the stash).

Very surprised! I absolutely love this tea especially from Tazo. I tried the China Green tips loose leaf years ago (I was a neophyte to tea then) and didn’t like it very much so I didn’t buy Tazo since, until recently from the Starbuck’s website; I thought of giving it a try again…glad I did.

Aroma: A little mild and a little vibrant (not spicy).

Taste: Surprising given the name of this tea. It is not awakening what-so-ever like Lipton’s Brisk regular black. It is quite mild with a little vibrancy (again, not spicy like a Darjeeling) with a slight mouth feel and a honey sweetness to it…very delicious.

Aftertaste: The sweetness is there but fleeting, the full mouth feel is there as well but the true aftertaste is clear and cleaner than a true-blend Darjeeling.

This tea is a hybrid blend of Indian and Sri Lanka black teas. It is a very enjoyable tea for anytime of day. Awakening is a very acceptable afternoon tea as well as an after dinner tea. I would highly recommend this tea…a must buy!

Boiling 8 min or more

this is my go to tea in the morning, one of the reasons I switched to this is ease of finding it when traveling I always over steep this tea and find the second steep with fresh water even better than the first cup of tea. Great for waking up in the morning and keeping you caffeinated.

Drank this tea during finals week to stay awake. Not my favorite, but still good. A tad bitter, but nothing a bit of honey can’t fix.

180 °F / 82 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

A little floral for my tastes, but a decent black tea.

Every two weeks I meet my friend at Starbuck’s to catch up and chat. Keeping our friendship tuned up. We both order Awake in a vente cup. I let it steep 7 min. add cream and just a hint of sugar. It’s mild with a balance of Ceylon and black teas. It’s much like a English Breakfast and I would say I enjoy it very much.

Nice mild flavor for the morning. I don’t add anything to my teas and like to taste the tea without any distractions. I am new to the tea scene and love the flavor of full leaf teas. I love all the new teas I’ve seen @ Steepster. Wheres a good place to order these teas online?

This is a Grab-and-Go tea bag. It will wake you up and keep you there for a while. As much as I like loose leaf teas, sometimes you got-to reach down and get some.

Enjoyed this black tea with a splash of milk and honey! Voila, great way to start the day..