Awake™ Full Leaf Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Harfatum

From Tazo Tea

A breakfast tea of boldness, depth and character, invigorating any time of day.

You hold in your hand a finely balanced, full-leaf blend of bold, malty teas from India and bright, flavorful teas from Sri Lanka. You’ll find TAZO® AWAKE™ to be more nuanced and flavorful than your typical breakfast tea. Tea shamans also believe it to be useful in remembering what “nuanced” means first thing in the morning.

Ingredients: a blend of black teas.

About Tazo Tea View company

I began drinking this tea in the filter bag version and enjoyed it then. But as I gained more knowledge about tea and subsequently discovered full leaf and loose teas I “upgraded” to this full leaf version of Awake. I enjoy the robust, malty flavor of this tea. After steeping I add a little sugar and a dash of half and half. I’m still working on trying other, better black teas but I still come back to Awake occasionally.

Great when I don’t want coffee in the morning

Decent, not-too-strong-but-strong-enough black tea. Use sugar to sweeten. Great way to start the day! I leave the tea bag in the whole time, with 2 cups of water.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I love this tea. I find that one cup in the morning starts my day off right, it gives me the kick I need to get going. I don’t get that shaking feeling I get from drinking coffee. I drink it with a little bit of sugar and milk and it tastes great :)

With this tea “you hold in your hand a finely balanced, full-leaf blend of bold, malty teas from India and bright, flavorful teas from Sri Lanka.” You’ll find AWAKE to be a great breakfast tea.

I added milk and sugar to it also, and agree that the tea does have a flatter taste. It doesn’t quite support the milk and sugar such that the tea tastes gets mellowed quite a bit. But still a good tea :)

A pretty decent black breakfast kind of blend. I tend to get this OTC at Starbucks, with 2 bags in my XL. Add a bit of milk and sugar, and it gives a nice kick to start the morning (or keep you up for a long drive home)

Great morning tea. Nice kick of caffeine.

solid, bold tea. Very enjoyable in the morning when your brain’s foggy.