Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Jack

• “This is listed under Tazo and Tazo Tea. I just grabbed one. A coworker went to a fancy smancy dinner party held by the company his wife works for, and Tazo is the tea they served. He grabbed...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1069 tasting notes
  • “I'm not minding teabags at the moment so I may as well take advantage and clear some of the sample bags I have. My kitten is semi interested in this tea, he likes the smell of it which is unusual...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 980 tasting notes
  • “Hallelujah! I'm at the end of my bags of this! It wasn't awful and at times was actually pretty enjoyable, but the bergamot was, in general, too heavy and perfumy for me. For a month I've been...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 933 tasting notes
  • “Went to Boston Pizza with my mom after getting back into the city, and since they were out of chocolate milk I opted for some of this instead. Initially when asking what teas they had, she...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1150 tasting notes

From Tazo

Hand blended in small batches, Tazo Tea delivers a steaming brew unlike anything you’ve ever tasted. Tazo’s Earl Grey features a a blend of fine black teas from India and Sri Lanka flavored with the essence of bergamot.

About Tazo View company

Surprise! I finally found out the perfect way for me to have Earl Grey. It is now the only tea that I take with additives. It needs milk and sugar or else this is a very unpleasant tea for me; I don’t know why that is. This blend is actually pretty nice when brewed correctly. Maybe this flavor is just growing on me.
I’m actually surprised at one aspect of this tea: it keeps me awake; wired even. This and matcha are the only teas that I drink that I can tell is having some effect on my awake-ness. I actually needed that tonight so I’m pretty glad I have this on hand!

While I was out last night with friends at a restaurant, I asked for tea and they only had tea bags. So, I went with this Earl Grey. Really weak. Now, I am biased when it comes to tea bags. I think they are a waste of space on your store’s shelves – only loose tea for me, BUT I do occassionally use them. And I have to say I have had better Earl Grey in a bag.

Currently drinking an Earl Grey latte from Starbucks. A relatives school sells gift cards as a fundraiser (the school keeps a certain percentage of money for every gift card they sell). So my mom is constantly buying me Starbucks gifts cards, which I love, but I currently have 4 of them.

Back to the latte, it is delicious. Starbucks is one of my favorites places to get an Earl Grey latte. The plain Tazo Earl Grey tea is not my favorite, but it makes a great latte. It is creamy, sweet, with a strong bergamot flavour, just heavenly. I wish there was a company that would sell a bergamot flavour syrup – if anyone knows of one, let me know – I would put it in everything.

Sandy'sCuppa

Yes, I love the idea of the bergamot syrup!! Lol!

Lala

I think I should become a purveyor of fine bergamot flavouring. I would use enough of it to keep myself in business. Ha ha!

In today’s steep-off chez sherapop, two filter bags of Earl Grey are going head to head, sip to sip: Tazo Earl Grey and Tea Forte Earl Grey. Both are filter bags, important to emphasize that point, for we are not comparing apples with oranges in this test!

As usual, I was impressed by the heavy perfuming of the Tazo. It literally smells like perfume! The brew was slightly redder than that of the Tea Forte, and I noticed that the spent Tazo bag was heavier than the Tea Forte… But what about the taste????

one last thing: I forgot to mention that this appears to be a sip-down! Both a steep-off and a sip-down!!

Ordered myself a cup of this after work today. I needed a pick me up. They used 1 large full leaf bag for 16oz water, I steeped 2-2 1/2 minutes and added a splash of half and half and a packet of sugar in the raw. I enjoyed the first few sips of this the most, while it was scalding hot, but it was decent as it cooled down, just a bit perfumey. Not really floraly, but tasted like I was drinking perfume after awhile. I think it was just the way they used the bergamot. I’ve had better Earls, and worse Earls, this is a middle of the road Earl. I’d order again, but probably won’t buy a tin.

This tea was disgusting. The bergamot just takes the whole thing over, making it so bitter and soap-like that it’s basically impossible to drink. Not exactly an ideal introduction for me into this tea flavor. Thankfully, I have since tried other Earl Grey blends that have shown me how this tea is SUPPOSED to taste.

If you’re going to drink a Tazo blend, I recommend their green Zen blend with honey, or their decaf green Lotus blend straight up.

I had this when I went to see Skyfall the other night. I was in the mood for tea, (When am I not?) and the movie theatre sold Tazo teas. Luckily, we also ordered food, which allowed the ridiculously hot water to cool before I steeped it.

I really enjoyed this! Thankfully, the guy behind the counter gave me an extra bag. I can try it again while not watching an action flick, so as to do a better review. This tea stood up well to the half and half and packet of raw sugar I added. (Too embarrassed by my earlier stuttering episode to ask for something different, so I just threw in whatever was on the counter.)

Strong flavors, but not overpowering. I have plenty of Earl Grey in my tea cabinet right now, but I think I would consider purchasing this one. I don’t normally like Tazo, so that surprised me.

Had this this morning with a bit of milk! The bergamot is strong but not overpowering and it wasn’t bitter in the least it was actually quite delish. HIT THE SPOT, in any case.

Boiling 8 min or more

A good start to the day is always enhanced with a little Earl Grey!

Another tea I had during vacation, this one at a hotel. It was a disappointment. I usually enjoy Earl Grey but this one was all smell and no flavor. Drinkable, but that is about all.