Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Jack

• “This is listed under Tazo and Tazo Tea. I just grabbed one. A coworker went to a fancy smancy dinner party held by the company his wife works for, and Tazo is the tea they served. He grabbed...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1069 tasting notes
  • “I'm not minding teabags at the moment so I may as well take advantage and clear some of the sample bags I have. My kitten is semi interested in this tea, he likes the smell of it which is unusual...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 987 tasting notes
  • “Hallelujah! I'm at the end of my bags of this! It wasn't awful and at times was actually pretty enjoyable, but the bergamot was, in general, too heavy and perfumy for me. For a month I've been...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 939 tasting notes
  • “Went to Boston Pizza with my mom after getting back into the city, and since they were out of chocolate milk I opted for some of this instead. Initially when asking what teas they had, she...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1208 tasting notes

From Tazo

Hand blended in small batches, Tazo Tea delivers a steaming brew unlike anything you’ve ever tasted. Tazo’s Earl Grey features a a blend of fine black teas from India and Sri Lanka flavored with the essence of bergamot.

About Tazo View company

I haven’t actually had many Earl Grey blends – only two, I think – so I may not be the greatest critic. Maybe I just don’t like the blend.

This tea is oily; I don’t know how else to describe it. The bergamot flavor is definitely present; it’s a little aggressive, even, when I sniff the dry bag. All I can smell is bergamot, with the intensity of one of those body sprays marketed at preteens. I think that the oiliness and the overpowering scent might both stem from an overabundance of oil added to the leaves? (Once again, I confess that I have little experience with Earl Grey.)

I don’t like this one. I tried a bag from the dining hall at my school, but I won’t be taking another. Each sip leaves me feeling as though grease is coating my mouth and throat, and that’s just unpleasant.

Had it in a sampler pack, disliked it so much that I’m throwing the other bag in my giveaway pile.

I’ve only ever had this blend at a coffeehouse (Starbucks or Borders) and it almost always ends up tasting way too bitter for my liking. It’s a little too heavy on the bergamot and it seems like the average tea bag contains more tea than you would typically use for an average cup of tea; it’s probably the right amount of tea for an entire pot. A very strong, strong blend.

It’s like drinking citrus dish soap.

it reminded me of FrootLoops… This kept me awake and happy on a 9hr drive back home

Eh, it’s quite a non-spectacular tea. Added a spoonful of cane sugar.

I thought I didn’t like Earl Grey, until I tried this particular brand about a year ago. Turns out, I DO like it! Since then, I’ve discovered that this is not my favorite version of Earl Grey, but it’s pretty good. It’s VERY aromatic, the bergamot smell is strooooong in this one. Which I like, I just kinda wish it had more flavor to match that.

I don’t know what it is about Tazo, but I love their black teas. I’ve tried very hard to prefer fancier loose leaf varieties, but this remains my favourite earl grey. I absolutely love the perfumed note that this has, almost a lavender flavour. It’s delicious and unexpected and perfect. My search continues for an equally tasty loose leaf earl grey, but for now I’m sticking with Tazo.

I love the flavor of a good cup of Earl Grey tea. I recently brewed a cup of this particular brand using one of the filter bags. It was not bad, but it did not meet expectations of a clean finish. I will try changing the brew time slightly and water temp to see if I am thoroughly happy. I will also brew a pot of tea with a freshly warmed pot, etc., to see if the proper technique improves the taste.
Glad I joined this group for tea lovers!

Not bad. I mean, it’s Tazo.

But it’s still a decent Earl Grey that’s cheap enough to keep around as a staple.