Earl Grey

Bergamot, Black Teas
Bergamot, Bitter
Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “This is listed under Tazo and Tazo Tea. I just grabbed one. A coworker went to a fancy smancy dinner party held by the company his wife works for, and Tazo is the tea they served. He grabbed...” Read full tasting note
    ks6 1382 tasting notes
  • “I'm not minding teabags at the moment so I may as well take advantage and clear some of the sample bags I have. My kitten is semi interested in this tea, he likes the smell of it which is unusual...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1137 tasting notes
  • “Hallelujah! I'm at the end of my bags of this! It wasn't awful and at times was actually pretty enjoyable, but the bergamot was, in general, too heavy and perfumy for me. For a month I've been...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Went to Boston Pizza with my mom after getting back into the city, and since they were out of chocolate milk I opted for some of this instead. Initially when asking what teas they had, she...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2160 tasting notes

From Tazo

Hand blended in small batches, Tazo Tea delivers a steaming brew unlike anything you’ve ever tasted. Tazo’s Earl Grey features a a blend of fine black teas from India and Sri Lanka flavored with the essence of bergamot.

About Tazo View company

Totally reminded me of Fruit Loops, and apparently I’m not the only one who thought so. As unpleasant as that sounds, I actually quite enjoyed it. It’s a yummy tea to have when I’m craving black tea with a bit of milk and sugar, but not as good as I’d imagine Earl Grey should be. Less of a fake citrus flavour would be nice.

I usually enjoy Tazo teas, however, this early grey is bitter and lacks that bergamot flavor I enjoy so much.

Meh.. that’s what I think of when this tea is mentioned. It really doesn’t do it for me. I love earl grey, it is one of my favorite teas, but the tazo one is just not the best earl grey I’ve had. I find with this the bag can only steep for a few seconds and needs to be pulled out before it becomes too bitter.

One of the best “fast food” earl grays I’ve ever had (fast food as in bag tea instead of loose).

I haven’t actually had many Earl Grey blends – only two, I think – so I may not be the greatest critic. Maybe I just don’t like the blend.

This tea is oily; I don’t know how else to describe it. The bergamot flavor is definitely present; it’s a little aggressive, even, when I sniff the dry bag. All I can smell is bergamot, with the intensity of one of those body sprays marketed at preteens. I think that the oiliness and the overpowering scent might both stem from an overabundance of oil added to the leaves? (Once again, I confess that I have little experience with Earl Grey.)

I don’t like this one. I tried a bag from the dining hall at my school, but I won’t be taking another. Each sip leaves me feeling as though grease is coating my mouth and throat, and that’s just unpleasant.

Had it in a sampler pack, disliked it so much that I’m throwing the other bag in my giveaway pile.

I’ve only ever had this blend at a coffeehouse (Starbucks or Borders) and it almost always ends up tasting way too bitter for my liking. It’s a little too heavy on the bergamot and it seems like the average tea bag contains more tea than you would typically use for an average cup of tea; it’s probably the right amount of tea for an entire pot. A very strong, strong blend.

It’s like drinking citrus dish soap.

it reminded me of FrootLoops… This kept me awake and happy on a 9hr drive back home

Eh, it’s quite a non-spectacular tea. Added a spoonful of cane sugar.