Earl Grey

Bergamot, Black Teas
Artificial, Bergamot, Astringent, Citrus, Earl Grey, Citrus Zest, Floral, Bitter
Tea Bag
High
Kosher
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

From Tazo

“Black tea kissed with bergamot’s lavender essence.”

Hand blended in small batches, Tazo Tea delivers a steaming brew unlike anything you’ve ever tasted. Tazo’s Earl Grey features a a blend of fine black teas from India and Sri Lanka flavored with the essence of bergamot.

About Tazo View company

Had it in a sampler pack, disliked it so much that I’m throwing the other bag in my giveaway pile.

I’ve only ever had this blend at a coffeehouse (Starbucks or Borders) and it almost always ends up tasting way too bitter for my liking. It’s a little too heavy on the bergamot and it seems like the average tea bag contains more tea than you would typically use for an average cup of tea; it’s probably the right amount of tea for an entire pot. A very strong, strong blend.

It’s like drinking citrus dish soap.

it reminded me of FrootLoops… This kept me awake and happy on a 9hr drive back home

Eh, it’s quite a non-spectacular tea. Added a spoonful of cane sugar.

I thought I didn’t like Earl Grey, until I tried this particular brand about a year ago. Turns out, I DO like it! Since then, I’ve discovered that this is not my favorite version of Earl Grey, but it’s pretty good. It’s VERY aromatic, the bergamot smell is strooooong in this one. Which I like, I just kinda wish it had more flavor to match that.

I don’t know what it is about Tazo, but I love their black teas. I’ve tried very hard to prefer fancier loose leaf varieties, but this remains my favourite earl grey. I absolutely love the perfumed note that this has, almost a lavender flavour. It’s delicious and unexpected and perfect. My search continues for an equally tasty loose leaf earl grey, but for now I’m sticking with Tazo.

I love the flavor of a good cup of Earl Grey tea. I recently brewed a cup of this particular brand using one of the filter bags. It was not bad, but it did not meet expectations of a clean finish. I will try changing the brew time slightly and water temp to see if I am thoroughly happy. I will also brew a pot of tea with a freshly warmed pot, etc., to see if the proper technique improves the taste.
Glad I joined this group for tea lovers!

Not bad. I mean, it’s Tazo.

But it’s still a decent Earl Grey that’s cheap enough to keep around as a staple.