China Green Tips (full leaf)

Green Tea
Green Tea
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Tazo

from amazon "For thousands of years, medicine men and shaman from many cultures have recognized the value of green tea in maintaining health. China Green Tips, like all Tazo green teas, is prepared in a way that maintains the natural health benefits, color and taste. The tea is steamed to neutralize the oxidating enzyme, then dried using a panfired technique to bring out the maximum flavor. Like black teas, China Green Tips and other Tazo green teas are made from the same botanical species, Camellia Sinensis and can contain as much caffeine as black teas. "

About Tazo View company

Today’s afternoon green tea selection was Tazo China Green Tips. I made the mistake of neglecting to order it in a ceramic mug (at Starbucks), so the water was really too hot. As a result, the brew was not quite as delicious as the last time. I won’t make that mistake again!

second infusion: I decided to use my sachets for decaffeinated green after dinner and found the brew to be pretty good. I do believe that the first infusion was too hot, though, so this one was also not as good as last time, either.

third infusion: With so much tea in these sachets, I tried a third infusion. It was just okay.

Good complement to an afternoon of writing.

Bagged,
Appearance:
Aroma when Dry: vegital, sour
After water is first poured: sour, grassy
At end of first steep: sour, buttery, grassy
Tea liquor:
At beginning of steep: light green
At end of steep: mossy, foresty green
Staple? No
Preferred time of day: any
Taste:
At first: grassy, sour, slight creaminess at closing
As it cools ? Stays grassy, gets a bit sticky,
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No
Lingers? Yes, grassy, bitter and creamy

in a pinch for some decent quality green tea? i’ll say that this does the trick when I don’t have my usual whole leaf tea. I can usually get two infusions out of a venti size since they put in two tea bags. I sweeten to taste with white sugar or honey if available at the location.

Cofftea

I have got to weigh this… I ordered this (really w/o thinking since it wasn’t til after I ordered that they got rid of my FAVORITE- ginger green) w/ my normal 1 bag/6oz water ratio (2 bags for a tall)- and it was SO bitter.

I honestly preferred it before starbucks moved to full leaf. Personally now this tea tasted like someone emptied the full bag of a lawnmower and brewed it.