Tazo Rest Herbal Infusion

Herbal Tea
Flower Petals, Geranium Oil, Ginger, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Lemon Myrtle, Lemon Verbena, Licorice Root, Orange Oil, Rose Petals, Valerian Root
Flowers
Tea Bag
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Tazo

A lulling blend of rose petals, valerian root & citrusy herbs.

Tazo lists ingredients as: Lemon balm, rose petals, honeybush, orange peel, lemon myrtle, lemon verbena, licorice root, lavender, valerian root, natural flavors, ginger, orange essence oil and Chinese geranium oil.

About Tazo View company

Now,
I have liked tea my whole life; being that I grew up on it. But I never particularly liked the relaxing types. They never really gave me much satisfaction.
My mother is always having me try new kinds of relaxation teas because of my major panic attacks and serious anxiety.
While browsing through Target while my mother shopped for Christmas gifts, I stumbled upon the tea isle (more like, looked EVERYWHERE for it) and saw this pretty pink box.
I read the ingredients and decided to give it a try.
Two cups later, I am relaxed and ready for bed (For once).
At first, I admit, It smelled a little strong and medicine-y. But once brewed it smells like herbs and lemon!
The taste is amazing as well- you can taste the citrus, but there is also the hint of rose.
Definitely a tea to drink to relax before bed :)

nancy14

I found this tea at Target two weeks ago and loved it. I assumed this tea would be easy to find. After looking at most of my usual places, I went back to Target and bought the last box. WebVitamins carries this tea. Thanks for your post.

As I am sipping my first cup of Rest tea, I am pleasantly surprised. After reading some mixed reviews, I wasn’t sure if I would personally like the taste. However, I was quite wrong & this might be my new favorite. =)

The rose was just the right amount. Subtle, yet still makes a presence quite nicely. I found that the honey I added after the initial taste, made the citrusy flavors bolder, which I really liked. I was wary because I am not a fan of licorice, and although the licorice came through, it was pleasant & not overpowering. This cup was quite lovely, indeed. I will definitely be having more nightly cups of this. Now let’s see if this does the trick & puts me to sleep!

A bit more rosy than I remember, but still a nice cup in the evening to relax the body and mind. The lemon notes add a nice touch, too.

Love, love this blend…and am dismayed to hear from Starbucks that it has been discontinued….any one know how to find the proportions so I could blend my own? Suppliers? Thanks

nancy14

Thanks for posting that this tead is discontinued. I just discovered this tea about two weeks ago and was surprised my usual shopping haunts didn’t have any. I bought the last box from Target today. WebVitamins still has Tazo Rest according to the web site.

Ok, when I first brewed this cup, I was reading Steepster reviews, now I’ve signed up and I’m writing one, lol. This tea has a citrus taste, and a very subtle aftertaste that is pleasant. Suddenly, I’m very relaxed, and thinking of lying it down for the night. It reminds me of tension tamer, but not as strong. The results are very similar. This is def a good tea for me to drink at 11:30 so I don’t stay up until 3am. Paired w/ a bath or shower, this is def a relaxing tea. Two cups may be a good idea for those who have anxiety at night. This also seems like a good tea for meditation.

So, its the next morning and I’m back, lol. I fell asleep within 30min of drinking ‘The Rest’. This may be my nightly bed routine from here out. I slept a full 8 hours, and I don’t feel as groggy this morning.

I just picked this up at Target yesterday. I had two cups before bed last night and it did seem to help me fall asleep faster. It didn’t make me super drowsy or anything so I’ve decided to try a cup this afternoon just to relax. I really like the flavor as-is. Lemon is what stands out the most for me, but I can still taste and smell the rosesMy guess would be that if you don’t like Earl Grey you will not like this tea, as the flavors are pretty similar IMO.

Bad allergy day, so I decided to make a cup of something I hoped would be calming. This was what I ended up grabbing for, because nothing calms me down like teas billed as “relax before bed” teas. I found this one at the health food store of all places, along with a couple of other Tazo blends I’d never seen elsewhere. Hmm.

I love roses in my relaxing teas, so this one was right up my alley. Light and floral, but the aftertaste is sweet. A little like sugared rose petals, but not enough to be overwhelming. Despite the overall feeling of rose it was nicely balanced; not too much of any one thing. After I finished my cup I left it next to me and it continued to smell nice until I cleaned up the dishes. Very calming!

Boiling

This is my all time favorite bed time tea. I love rose petal tea and that’s what originally drew me to this tea, but it is so soothing and drinking a small mug before cuddling into the covers for the night is a wonderful experience. The herbs are a good mix, very balanced, and it’s naturally sweet without being overwhelming. I think it may even help me relax!

I love this tea. I don’t find it overly floral. It’s a great rose tea that I find really soothing. I love the citrusy notes and it’s very clean tasting. The valerian root really does the job. It’s definitely a great tea to drink before bed.

I think I may have found my new favorite tea from Tazo. I stumbled upon this tea at the local Target isle and what stood out the most were the graphics on the box. I kid you not, the first thing that came to my mind upon drinking this was that this must be what unicorn piss tastes like. The blend of lemon notes, rose petals, and valerian root seem to fuse together to create a deliciously harmonious balance. Also the fact that there’s no caffeine present means you can drink as many cups of it as you want and won’t have to worry about the after effects of too much caffeine. Bravo Tazo. You made a spectacular tea that I’ll definitely be buying from now on.