China Green Tips

Green Tea
Green, Vegetal, Asparagus, Vegetable Broth, Grass, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

From Tazo

Hand Picked in the misty mountains of Zhejiang Province in China, this tea embodies the classic flavor of a fine green tea.

China Green Tips is fresh and lively tea with a light, creamy, vegetative taste balanced with lingering sweet, smooth finish.

Flavor profile: “grassy, vegetative, sweet, ricey.”

Ingredients: Blend of Mao Feng green teas.

About Tazo View company

So after my caffeine and sugar wake up this morning (courtesy of PG Special Blend and Domino Sugar), I pulled this out of my bag at work and made a cup. It’s green, it’s kinda toasty flavored, and grassy flavored at the same time. Nothing special, but not bad still. Kept me going at work through two steepings.
Can you tell I’m working through the Tazo Sampler pack that I’ve had forever? I really only bought it because I couldn’t find the Lotus flavor and the Sampler has two Lotus bags, but about two months later, I found it at Whole Foods.

Nothing special, just a smooth green tea. No bitterness either, which was a pleasant surprise considering my prep method (microwaved water and and untied steep).

I went to Boston Pizza and asked for a green tea and this is what I was given. Not a huge fan. Tasted odd to me. A little bitter and very “plant” like. I’ve read that Tazo is bad for not rinsing their tea leaves properly so this is a brand that I tend to shy away from usually. I re-steeped the bag and it was better when weaker but this isn’t a tea I would ever search out and buy.

Flavors: Green, Vegetal

I remember getting this tea before at the caf at work. Did they serve it to you with the tea bag in the water? I remember this being decent for a bagged green tea but what I did was pour boiling water in a cup, let it sit for 15 min, then steeped for about 30-60 sec.

I feel bad even mentioning this cause I know you know how to make your green teas lol.

Hi Kristal. It did not come with the tea bag in the water. I did that myself. I always drink my tea, bag in. I never take the bag out until the tea is finished and I know with green tea, that can mean terrible bitterness. I’ve been liking my teas stronger lately but this one was just so grassy tasting. Reminded me of fresh-cut grass clippings that had been soaked in hot water. I know the bitterness was my own fault for over-steeping it. Depending on the brand, some green teas are more forgiving than others. This one definitely was not!

Ah, fair enough! Whatever suits your fancy of course :) sorry it didn’t work out for you, though

Terrible. Tastes like overcooked vegetable-boiling water. Asparagus? Collard greens? Either way, not what I want in my cup.

Flavors: Asparagus, Vegetable Broth, Vegetal

I was really smooth and dumped nearly a full timolino of good jasmine green tea all over my desk at work (luckily just on the desk and no important papers or electronics). I didn’t pack any other green tea today but I seriously need a boost today so I picked up a bag of this at the caf at work. This stuff is pretty decent-better than the Tim Horton’s green tea (and cheaper since I just bought tea bag and not a cup of hot water as well (although I still hate paying over $1 for one tea bag!)). This’ll be my new go-to tea if I ever forget my green tea at home.

Backlog. This was such a surprise! Up there with the Trescerro as one of the best teas of the trip. It’s vegetal, almost like a steamed green, and there’s a slight sweetness to the aftertaste. If I hadn’t read the name I would have guessed this was a sencha or a relative. This was not quite buttery, but it does have a fresh quality with no bitterness, rare for bagged unflavored greens. I must have had at least five cups of it over two days!

Most green teas are known for their vegetal aroma. Tazo®’s China Green Tips meets this expectation. The first waves of fragrance from the bag remind me of freshly cut grass and running barefoot through the backyard. Raw, clean, and pastoral, but not particularly distinctive. Brewing this tea doesn’t enhance the aroma further, yet the playful, warm gold color persuades you to dive in nonetheless.

Taste-wise, China Green Tips proves that what you smell is often what you taste. It glows with a medium body and a pleasant grassiness that’s typical of green tea without being too strong. The smooth, zen-like finish may be what I like most about this tea, though. It’s almost purifying, as if each sip draws out the toxins from your body. If one wanted to taste the lush, mist-shrouded Wuyi Mountains or the calm intoning of a bamboo flute, this cup may be your gateway.

That said, China Green Tips is relatively plain. It lacks the complexities or undertones that other unadulterated green teas have. (By “unadulterated,” I mean without any additional ingredients.) My guess is the Mao Feng leaf used here isn’t one of the most savory types to come out of China. Some tea drinkers may not mind this, but I have a hunch that the more seasoned tea enthusiasts would opt for something more sophisticated.

Flavors: Grass, Smooth, Vegetal

Hotel tea. Surprisingly not as bitter as I thought it might end up. My water temp was a little lower than recommended because I figured that was better than to hot! It’s actually decent. On my phone, so I can’t give it a number, but it would actually be in the low 70s.

I wanted something bland this morning to hopefully calm my stomach. I don’t remember the last time I had this tea. Not a huge fan. It’s a bit too grassy/vegetal for me. I need to try more unflavored green teas.

I drank a mug of this tea this morning fro Starbucks and it’s the second time I have tried this. The first time i tried it was last summer so it has been a while and wanted to retaste it for reviewing puroses. It tastes similar to gyokuro due to its vegetal notes. It seems to have medium caffeine amount.

2 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML