China Green Tips

Green Tea
Green, Vegetal, Asparagus, Vegetable Broth, Grass, Smooth
Edit tea info Last updated by steepster

From Tazo

Hand Picked in the misty mountains of Zhejiang Province in China, this tea embodies the classic flavor of a fine green tea.

China Green Tips is fresh and lively tea with a light, creamy, vegetative taste balanced with lingering sweet, smooth finish.

Flavor profile: “grassy, vegetative, sweet, ricey.”

Ingredients: Blend of Mao Feng green teas.

About Tazo View company

I wanted something bland this morning to hopefully calm my stomach. I don’t remember the last time I had this tea. Not a huge fan. It’s a bit too grassy/vegetal for me. I need to try more unflavored green teas.

I drank a mug of this tea this morning fro Starbucks and it’s the second time I have tried this. The first time i tried it was last summer so it has been a while and wanted to retaste it for reviewing puroses. It tastes similar to gyokuro due to its vegetal notes. It seems to have medium caffeine amount.

2 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Awful. Hands down the worst tea I’ve ever drank. It smelled and tasted FISHY! I’m serious. I wonder if I got a bad batch because this was truly disgusting. I love green tea and have a tried a number of green teas but never has one literally made me spit it out and dump the cup after a couple sips. The first whiff of that fishy smell I thought oh..eww but decided to have a sip against my instincts. It was offensive. Just like drinking aquarium water I imagine. Really cannot for the life of me see how Tazo could make sell a tea this bad. Again, I really have to wonder if I got a bad batch. The tea came in the sampler package that Tazo sells. I would definitely not buy this ever but if I happen to see this at a friends house I’ll ask them to brew it up to see if it smells/tastes like fishwater.

This is my standard tea for work and home. I drink it a few times most days with a teaspoon of organic honey.

Very light, mild green tea / slight floral notes.
Favorite for a rainy day warm-me-up!

I really do not care for this tea. For me it is too grassy.i I don’t like the rice flavored overtones either. It is stronger than the Celestial seasonings matcha green tea which is also not a fav of mine.

The flavor profile is GRASSY and that’s the key word to latch onto. Kinda dull and tastes like sipping down a brewed cup of grass.

Bitter, not particularly flavorful. Standard green tea taste, couldn’t really taste any other notes.