Organic Chai

Black Chai Blend
Tea Bag
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by teataku

From Tazo

Medium-bodied yet full-flavored, with the spicy kick of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and black pepper.

About Tazo View company

Brewed in about 6 oz boiling water, then honey and 2 oz milk added.

I like this, although I could go for stronger spice, especially peppercorn. All the flavors I tasted were well-balanced: tea, cinnamon, anise, then ginger, and cardamom/pepper bringing up the rear. I suppose that if the spice flavors were stronger, I would also ask for a bolder black tea. I can say that I didn’t have a hard time making out the tea among the milk, honey, and spices, but nothing about it called out for my attention.

When I am in the mood, I like making my own chai in a small sauce pot, throwing in the amount of spices that I like. Then I go for more peppercorn. This chai in a bag is more to my taste than the CS India Spice which is too heavy on the cinnamon for me.

One interesting thing: one of the tea bag pouches was not sealed and the bag was misfolded. It was leaking tea and spices all over the inside of the box, but the box didn’t smell of tea or spices.

I was given this tea for Christmas in the set with a teapot and two mugs. I brewed this tea for the first time today and I utterly in love- I added a little soy milk (which I discovered I liked with other chai teas) and it is perfect for this chilly day with the snow swirling outside.

I chose this one this morning because I’m traveling and it’s really the only breakfast tea I brought with me. Don’t know what I’m going to do tomorrow morning, since I only brought one bag of this.

I prefer chais without anise, but this one is actually subtle enough about it that I don’t mind. :) It’s a decent cupp. Nothing to write home about, but I appreciate that it’s organic.

I like any chai tea, its my favorite kind of tea. I made it tonight because its going to get really cold over the next day. We are expecting storm Titan to hit tomorrow.

I went to Trader Joe’s today with my mom. I stocked up on TV dinners. I have paper plates and bowls and plastic silverware just in case we lose water [again].

I’m supposed to be studying for Spanish Speaking test 1. I think I’m pretty much ready. I’m listening to Pandora to try to relax. A neighbor is playing really LOUD music. (I’m using headphones). I love Chai tea. I like it iced the best with milk.

This is hands down my favorite of the bagged Chai tea brands you can find at your average supermarket. I steep 2 bags in a 16oz steel travel mug for 5 minutes, and usually keep a stick of cinnamon in the mug the entire time for added flavor. The tea is good on its own, but if you’re looking for a little extra spice flavor, give the cinnamon stick a try.

The cinnamon and pepper in this tea is completely overwhelming! This is the taste I get in my mouth when I watch youtube videos of people trying to do the cinnamon dragon breath challenge.

I had to add a lot of cream and sugar into it in order to finish my cup. I really don’t know what I am going to do with the rest of the box.

A lovely, bold chai. Especially good with milk & slices of ginger root.

I adore this tea; it’s a staple for me. I drink it every morning at work. I steep for 10 minutes with 2 tea bags in about 18 oz of water. Then I add 3 Splenda packets and two Half & Half creamers (I would normally use milk, but the creamers are handier at work). Delicious over ice or kept hot.

180 °F / 82 °C 8 min or more

This tea is fair as far as Tazo goes, and the spiciness is great if you let it steep for a while. Best with a bit of milk added.

I can’t find anything good about this tea. There’s absolutely nothing that ‘wows’ me about it. I’ve tried to spruce it up with everything… milk… honey… agave nectar… sugar… brown sugar… extra cinnamon… etc, but I am left unimpressed. I think a certain crowd will like this though, and do encourage you to try it if you haven’t… you can have the rest of mine ;).