Vanilla Rooibos Parfait

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “I picked up a tin of this at Starbucks as I was getting some coffee beans. I am looking for some low/no caffeine teas for evenings (my poor husband was up ALL night the evening we had the Tiger -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown no. 12 for the year 2014, and my 550th tasting note. :-) This is a fitting blend for it, as it was really the first "tea" that I felt I'd been successful in steeping (i.e., it had...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Came home from the anime convention, brewed up this, and put my feet up. It was a ton of fun. We went to some good panels, and I bought some beautiful art. My favorite part was all the talented...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 898 tasting notes
  • “My illness has left me home for the whole day. I'm a busy body and very restless today. But, I get up to do something and then I get exhausted. So, I spent 30 minutes hunting through boxes for a...” Read full tasting note
    BoxerMama 171 tasting notes

From Tazo

Creamy African rooibos felt a bit overdressed for the reunion but quickly blended in with the sweet notes of peaches and the mild tartness of apples. Cinnamon, Tahitian vanilla and blackberry leaves reminisced, exchanged email addresses and promised to always stay sweet.

ROOIBOS, LICORICE ROOT, BLACKBERRY LEAVES, CINNAMON, APPLE PIECES, PEACH PIECES, VANILLA EXTRACT, CHAMOMILE FLOWERS.

Use one heaping teaspoon of loose leaves per 8 fl oz of 215° water.
Let it steep for 5 minutes and wait for perfection.

About Tazo View company

I’ve had this tea latte from Starbucks a few times in the past, and each cup is slightly different from the ones before it. This might have something to do with the size cup you order, since I suspect each teabag is the same size. The smaller the cup, the stronger the tea flavors since there is less water volume for the tea to diffuse through.

Today I ordered a Starbucks tall, which is their smallest size. Consequently, I was able to really taste the flavors coming through the large, fine mesh Tazo teabag that @steepedintruth mentioned in his tasting note. I’ve never seen a teabag this big before, let alone made of such a high quality mesh compared to the normal paper stuff I’m used to (then again, I haven’t been a big tea drinker at all until recently). First thing to hit was the vanilla; like everyone has mentioned, there’s definitely an artificiality to the taste of vanilla in this drink, but it’s not unpleasant to the point of ruining the drink. Reason being the apple cinnamon flavors that hit soon after.

Again, I’m sure the flavors were twice as prominent because I ordered a smaller cup, but man could I taste the apple cinnamon flavors! Not too strong that I’d swear I was sucking on a sour apple Jolly Rancher, but just strong enough for me to acknowledge that the flavors are there… more akin to eating a bowl of Apple Jacks cereal in milk. Soon the apple cinnamon takes over—in a good way—as the vanilla takes a backseat to the fruity spices, offering quite a sensational tea latte that gets better over time.

Amount: 2 filterbags
Additives: none
Water: 20 ounces, hot water spigot at Starbucks
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes to first sip, and then I kept it brewing
Served: Hot
Smell: sweet, honey
Flavor: sweet, vanilla
Body: light
Aftertaste: sweet, woody, cinnamon

I was doing some school work at starbucks and decided to get something simple. I gave this a shot because I had never heard of it being on the menu. Deeeeelish, I sweetened it a bit. The teabag was kept in the cup but I never noticed any faulty flavor toward the end.

This tea is just… lovely. I don’t really know what else to say. It’s delicious!! The smell is like apple pie. The taste reminds me of a nice, sweet apple cider but with a splash of vanilla. It’s also has a very good calming effect. Definitely a favourite from Tazo.

Side note: tastes as great iced as it does hot! I like to add a little bit of my German rock sugar to this one, it really helps bring out all of the flavours.

Flavors: Apple, Vanilla

So, a few weeks back I was grocery shopping with my boyfriend, and was looking at the teas. My boyfriend, tired of looking at tea, goes just grab one and lets go. I go to grab this one to compare to a different one, and he goes good lets go. The box looks good so I thought “what could possibly go wrong” and accepted the choice. Finally tried this last night, curious. Took one sip, looked at the ingredients, and dumped it down the drain. Licorice should be outlawed. Bleh. Nasty stuff. Oh well, all I need is to find someone who likes licorice tea to pawn this and Evening Lights on. Too bad I don’t know anyone who likes licorice.

8 OZ / 236 ML

I had this tea brewed together with a throat coat tea and it was really good!

Whoever decided on the blend for this tea really knew what they were doing. I picked this up on a whim today since lately I’ve been favoring rooibos teas and this sounded pretty good…yeah, this tea is awesome! I love it and I hope I can find more after I run out of this tin.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Finishing up the tin and decided to make a full pot to get rid of it. This one is growing on me, but I’m not sure I would buy it again.

The rooibos flavor is more obvious when the tea is hot, and then as it cools the vanilla comes out more. It would be interesting to taste this iced.

Boiling

Vanilla rooibos is my favorite kind of tea. I picked up a tea bag thinking it was going to be really good but it was just a little too sweet for my liking. I like tea with no honey or sugar so I found this to be a little overpowering. The flavors are good though- I love the combination of cinnamon and apple but I wouldn’t call this tea a vanilla rooibos.