Vanilla Rooibos Parfait

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Vanilla, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “I picked up a tin of this at Starbucks as I was getting some coffee beans. I am looking for some low/no caffeine teas for evenings (my poor husband was up ALL night the evening we had the Tiger -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown no. 12 for the year 2014, and my 550th tasting note. :-) This is a fitting blend for it, as it was really the first "tea" that I felt I'd been successful in steeping (i.e., it had...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Came home from the anime convention, brewed up this, and put my feet up. It was a ton of fun. We went to some good panels, and I bought some beautiful art. My favorite part was all the talented...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 1020 tasting notes
  • “My illness has left me home for the whole day. I'm a busy body and very restless today. But, I get up to do something and then I get exhausted. So, I spent 30 minutes hunting through boxes for a...” Read full tasting note
    BoxerMama 171 tasting notes

From Tazo

Creamy African rooibos felt a bit overdressed for the reunion but quickly blended in with the sweet notes of peaches and the mild tartness of apples. Cinnamon, Tahitian vanilla and blackberry leaves reminisced, exchanged email addresses and promised to always stay sweet.

ROOIBOS, LICORICE ROOT, BLACKBERRY LEAVES, CINNAMON, APPLE PIECES, PEACH PIECES, VANILLA EXTRACT, CHAMOMILE FLOWERS.

Use one heaping teaspoon of loose leaves per 8 fl oz of 215° water.
Let it steep for 5 minutes and wait for perfection.

About Tazo View company

I’ve had this tea latte from Starbucks a few times in the past, and each cup is slightly different from the ones before it. This might have something to do with the size cup you order, since I suspect each teabag is the same size. The smaller the cup, the stronger the tea flavors since there is less water volume for the tea to diffuse through.

Today I ordered a Starbucks tall, which is their smallest size. Consequently, I was able to really taste the flavors coming through the large, fine mesh Tazo teabag that @steepedintruth mentioned in his tasting note. I’ve never seen a teabag this big before, let alone made of such a high quality mesh compared to the normal paper stuff I’m used to (then again, I haven’t been a big tea drinker at all until recently). First thing to hit was the vanilla; like everyone has mentioned, there’s definitely an artificiality to the taste of vanilla in this drink, but it’s not unpleasant to the point of ruining the drink. Reason being the apple cinnamon flavors that hit soon after.

Again, I’m sure the flavors were twice as prominent because I ordered a smaller cup, but man could I taste the apple cinnamon flavors! Not too strong that I’d swear I was sucking on a sour apple Jolly Rancher, but just strong enough for me to acknowledge that the flavors are there… more akin to eating a bowl of Apple Jacks cereal in milk. Soon the apple cinnamon takes over—in a good way—as the vanilla takes a backseat to the fruity spices, offering quite a sensational tea latte that gets better over time.

Amount: 2 filterbags
Additives: none
Water: 20 ounces, hot water spigot at Starbucks
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes to first sip, and then I kept it brewing
Served: Hot
Smell: sweet, honey
Flavor: sweet, vanilla
Body: light
Aftertaste: sweet, woody, cinnamon

I was doing some school work at starbucks and decided to get something simple. I gave this a shot because I had never heard of it being on the menu. Deeeeelish, I sweetened it a bit. The teabag was kept in the cup but I never noticed any faulty flavor toward the end.

I know a lot of people don’t like this tea because of the licorice. But I really love this one. I really don’t like Tazo teas, but this one I have always found to be soothing and comforting. Took me forever to find a place to buy this too-so it’s even more special now-haha! I like the fullness and texture the licorice brings to this one. The vanilla mixed in with the licorice is just perfect.
This one’s a keeper for me!
And plus, today is a bad day so I am trying to drink teas with little to no caffeine in them. This was the first one I picked. Definitely comforting for today (:

Kirkoneill1988

does the licorice taste get confused with the brandy like taste ?

I expected a much stronger vanilla flavor and was initially disappointed by how little I tasted the vanilla in this tea. But now that I’ve adjusted to what it’s really like, I actually quite enjoy it. The rooibos flavor is pretty strong, but it is pleasantly mingled with apple and cinnamon and that little hint of vanilla. There’s also a bit of sweetness to the aftertaste. It’s still not my favorite, but it’s an easy, soothing option for a bedtime tea.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Rooibos, Vanilla, Wood

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is really a good, low-maintenance, anytime tea. It’s like a soothing apple pie flavor. Good for unwinding. I’m getting a lot of cinnamon and creamy vanilla today with an apple and rooibos backdrop. Extremely satisfying for a bagged tea.

This tea is just… lovely. I don’t really know what else to say. It’s delicious!! The smell is like apple pie. The taste reminds me of a nice, sweet apple cider but with a splash of vanilla. It’s also has a very good calming effect. Definitely a favourite from Tazo.

Side note: tastes as great iced as it does hot! I like to add a little bit of my German rock sugar to this one, it really helps bring out all of the flavours.

Flavors: Apple, Vanilla

So, a few weeks back I was grocery shopping with my boyfriend, and was looking at the teas. My boyfriend, tired of looking at tea, goes just grab one and lets go. I go to grab this one to compare to a different one, and he goes good lets go. The box looks good so I thought “what could possibly go wrong” and accepted the choice. Finally tried this last night, curious. Took one sip, looked at the ingredients, and dumped it down the drain. Licorice should be outlawed. Bleh. Nasty stuff. Oh well, all I need is to find someone who likes licorice tea to pawn this and Evening Lights on. Too bad I don’t know anyone who likes licorice.

8 OZ / 236 ML

I had this tea brewed together with a throat coat tea and it was really good!

Whoever decided on the blend for this tea really knew what they were doing. I picked this up on a whim today since lately I’ve been favoring rooibos teas and this sounded pretty good…yeah, this tea is awesome! I love it and I hope I can find more after I run out of this tin.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML