Vanilla Rooibos Parfait

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

• “I picked up a tin of this at Starbucks as I was getting some coffee beans. I am looking for some low/no caffeine teas for evenings (my poor husband was up ALL night the evening we had the Tiger -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown no. 12 for the year 2014, and my 550th tasting note. :-) This is a fitting blend for it, as it was really the first "tea" that I felt I'd been successful in steeping (i.e., it had...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 952 tasting notes
  • “Came home from the anime convention, brewed up this, and put my feet up. It was a ton of fun. We went to some good panels, and I bought some beautiful art. My favorite part was all the talented...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 882 tasting notes
  • “My illness has left me home for the whole day. I'm a busy body and very restless today. But, I get up to do something and then I get exhausted. So, I spent 30 minutes hunting through boxes for a...” Read full tasting note
    BoxerMama 171 tasting notes

From Tazo

Creamy African rooibos felt a bit overdressed for the reunion but quickly blended in with the sweet notes of peaches and the mild tartness of apples. Cinnamon, Tahitian vanilla and blackberry leaves reminisced, exchanged email addresses and promised to always stay sweet.

ROOIBOS, LICORICE ROOT, BLACKBERRY LEAVES, CINNAMON, APPLE PIECES, PEACH PIECES, VANILLA EXTRACT, CHAMOMILE FLOWERS.

Use one heaping teaspoon of loose leaves per 8 fl oz of 215° water.
Let it steep for 5 minutes and wait for perfection.

About Tazo View company

my husband brought this home for me one night, mainly because he knows i like tins & this tea was in a delightul square tin. he also knows i love tea. it was such a loving, thoughtful gift. the vanilla aroma is the first thing to praise about this tea. makes me feel cozy and at home. i find it tastes best with a bit of milk & sweetener, either a teaspoon of honey or a sugar cube. i have a South African friend who is horrified by the addition of anything to roobios, but i find roobios can really hold flavour. the only thing i dislike about this tea is the licorice taste. it really doesn’t need it, in my opinion, kind of clashes with the rest of the sweet flavours by adding a touch of bitter, medicinal taste. but aside from that, this is a delicious tea. love the wee triangle see-thru bags too. i like to see the twigs & bits in my tea.

Look at that description. Doesn’t that look inviting? Vanilla, apple, cinnamon: it sure sounds delicious. And clearly, other people think it is. Not me. I used to think I hated Rooibos until I realized that all the Rooibos I’d ever tasted came from Tazo. They add licorice root which gives it this nasty, artificially-sweetened bite which I detest. Are you getting the picture here? This tea made me weep with sorrow. I left it in the breakroom at work and hopefully it is treating its new owner better.

There’s omething about Rooibos that doesn’t agree with me. Anywho, I tried this tea and I wanted to like it. It smells sweet and spicy, but the flavour clashed and I couldn’t stand it. Bleh.

Sweet and smooth like, a con artist or a well-tipped waitress

I love this tea. I figured I would lead with that. Get to the point. :) This starts off as a woodsy rooibos, with a flavor and spice profile similar to apple pie, as other reviewers have said. When you swallow, you get the lovely licorice taste and coolness on the back of your throat. It is very smooth, and you can get away with forgetting about this tea steeping for a while. If you under-steep it though, this tends to taste watery. This is a great tea to wind down at the end of the day, or finish your meal off with a sweet but low-calorie treat. Also, last I knew, this was sold on the Starbucks/Tazo in loose leaf form.

I can definitely taste the licorice root – sweet. Not much for the vanilla in the taste, but it’s still yummy. I love rooibos in pretty much any form…

It’s a tea I drink at work – I work at Starbucks, and don’t bother bringing my own teas because I don’t usually have time to steep it properly, or even finish a cup! ;) This one is very sweet, with a vanilla and apple taste. Too much of it makes me feel nauseous, though – or maybe it’s the job?

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

As a fan of Rooibos, my mom decided to get me it as a gift one day while I was home.
I admire the smell of it when I had opened the tin, it was quite satisfying.
During my first cup, I enjoyed the great robust full flavour the Rooibos had, while it was somewhat sweetened by the other ingredients.

The taste was quite good, but I would prefer just the rooibos, so not my favourite.
I put a little bit of honey in aswell, it was a bit better, more satisfying.

If you like trying different rooibos, go for this, it isn’t bad!

Pretty Good. It was my first time trying Rooibos, it had a lot of flavor and sweetness, but I couldn’t tell which part of all the flavor was actually the rooibos. I will have to get some plain rooibos and then try it again.