Vanilla Rooibos Parfait

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Apple, Rooibos, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Wood
Edit tea info Last updated by Debbie

From Tazo

Creamy African rooibos felt a bit overdressed for the reunion but quickly blended in with the sweet notes of peaches and the mild tartness of apples. Cinnamon, Tahitian vanilla and blackberry leaves reminisced, exchanged email addresses and promised to always stay sweet.

ROOIBOS, LICORICE ROOT, BLACKBERRY LEAVES, CINNAMON, APPLE PIECES, PEACH PIECES, VANILLA EXTRACT, CHAMOMILE FLOWERS.

Use one heaping teaspoon of loose leaves per 8 fl oz of 215° water.
Let it steep for 5 minutes and wait for perfection.

About Tazo View company

Whoever decided on the blend for this tea really knew what they were doing. I picked this up on a whim today since lately I’ve been favoring rooibos teas and this sounded pretty good…yeah, this tea is awesome! I love it and I hope I can find more after I run out of this tin.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

Finishing up the tin and decided to make a full pot to get rid of it. This one is growing on me, but I’m not sure I would buy it again.

The rooibos flavor is more obvious when the tea is hot, and then as it cools the vanilla comes out more. It would be interesting to taste this iced.

Boiling

Vanilla rooibos is my favorite kind of tea. I picked up a tea bag thinking it was going to be really good but it was just a little too sweet for my liking. I like tea with no honey or sugar so I found this to be a little overpowering. The flavors are good though- I love the combination of cinnamon and apple but I wouldn’t call this tea a vanilla rooibos.

my husband brought this home for me one night, mainly because he knows i like tins & this tea was in a delightul square tin. he also knows i love tea. it was such a loving, thoughtful gift. the vanilla aroma is the first thing to praise about this tea. makes me feel cozy and at home. i find it tastes best with a bit of milk & sweetener, either a teaspoon of honey or a sugar cube. i have a South African friend who is horrified by the addition of anything to roobios, but i find roobios can really hold flavour. the only thing i dislike about this tea is the licorice taste. it really doesn’t need it, in my opinion, kind of clashes with the rest of the sweet flavours by adding a touch of bitter, medicinal taste. but aside from that, this is a delicious tea. love the wee triangle see-thru bags too. i like to see the twigs & bits in my tea.

Look at that description. Doesn’t that look inviting? Vanilla, apple, cinnamon: it sure sounds delicious. And clearly, other people think it is. Not me. I used to think I hated Rooibos until I realized that all the Rooibos I’d ever tasted came from Tazo. They add licorice root which gives it this nasty, artificially-sweetened bite which I detest. Are you getting the picture here? This tea made me weep with sorrow. I left it in the breakroom at work and hopefully it is treating its new owner better.

There’s omething about Rooibos that doesn’t agree with me. Anywho, I tried this tea and I wanted to like it. It smells sweet and spicy, but the flavour clashed and I couldn’t stand it. Bleh.

Sweet and smooth like, a con artist or a well-tipped waitress

I love this tea. I figured I would lead with that. Get to the point. :) This starts off as a woodsy rooibos, with a flavor and spice profile similar to apple pie, as other reviewers have said. When you swallow, you get the lovely licorice taste and coolness on the back of your throat. It is very smooth, and you can get away with forgetting about this tea steeping for a while. If you under-steep it though, this tends to taste watery. This is a great tea to wind down at the end of the day, or finish your meal off with a sweet but low-calorie treat. Also, last I knew, this was sold on the Starbucks/Tazo in loose leaf form.

I can definitely taste the licorice root – sweet. Not much for the vanilla in the taste, but it’s still yummy. I love rooibos in pretty much any form…